Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South West USA > California HomeBrew Forum > South San Jose Homebrew Club - The Grain Trust

Old 03-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #1
bruin_ale
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 18 Posts

Default South San Jose Homebrew Club - The Grain Trust

Hey all,
Now that we have local forums, I just thought I'd get the word out on homebrewtalk as well as the places we're already representing (Facebook, Twitter).
We're a relatively small club that's been around since 2010. We usually meet in South San Jose, but occasionally we'll meet at my house in Campbell.

Meetings are on every second Saturday of the month at around 7pm.
We have a broad range of brewing experience in our club including a few experienced BJCP judges (and a couple more in training) to brand new brewers with just a couple batches under their belts.

You can find us at
http://www.thegraintrust.com (lots of changing going on with the website right now)
for announcements, join the yahoo group: thegraintrust
Any issue with joining the yahoo group, PM me and I can add you.

-Jason

Old 03-08-2012, 11:24 PM   #2
bruin_ale
Recipes 

Pretty quiet in these California forums..

This Saturday's meeting (3/10) we'll have Steve Donohue from Firehouse Brewing in the house for a presentation.
If you've ever had Hops on Rye or OTIS (One Tun Imperial Stout) I'm sure you'd agree he's a heck of a brewer.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:31 PM   #3
mxpx5678
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruin_ale View Post
Pretty quiet in these California forums..

This Saturday's meeting (3/10) we'll have Steve Donohue from Firehouse Brewing in the house for a presentation.
If you've ever had Hops on Rye or OTIS (One Tun Imperial Stout) I'm sure you'd agree he's a heck of a brewer.
I have no idea why the california forums are so quiet I know there is a very large home brewing community here.

I am in the east east bay, like Livermore/Pleasanton area so San Jose is a little far for me to go. But I am glad to see more groups out there.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:36 PM   #4
bruin_ale
Recipes 

We've got a Brew-In planned at my place for Saturday (AHA National Homebrew Day). Anyone interested, feel free to come by and check it out. PM me for the address.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:58 PM   #5
mroakley
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruin_ale View Post
We've got a Brew-In planned at my place for Saturday (AHA National Homebrew Day). Anyone interested, feel free to come by and check it out. PM me for the address.
Was fun. Bummer I couldn't stay longer.

Dan

Old 05-20-2012, 10:42 PM   #6
SC_Ryan
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Subscribed. I'm over the hill but I work in SJ. I would have totally checked out the Donohue presentation if I had seen this in time. Maybe I'll swing by one of your meets sometime.