Heady Topper - Page 67 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Heady Topper

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2013, 07:53 PM   #661
NordeastBrewer77
NBA Playa
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
NordeastBrewer77's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 7,881
Liked 1084 Times on 788 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Murkiness is one thing, though I have had no problem with anything beyond a light haze even in heavily hopped/dry hopped beers. I think what you see in HT is just straight up break material.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FATC1TY View Post
I think so too, but everyone is saying otherwise. I think it's not filtered really much of anywhere.
It's both. Break material (protein) and hops resins. Coagulated together in glorious little chunks of tasty goodness.
__________________
The Polk Street Brewery

Brewin' 'n' Que'n - YouTube Shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
can i drink this? I mean. Im gunna. But is it fine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
it's not a barley wine. it's an ale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Have you seen the price of ketchup lately? And I'm not talking Heinz.

 
Old 01-23-2013, 12:39 AM   #662
mewithstewpid
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Rocky Hill, CT
Posts: 1,075
Liked 209 Times on 136 Posts


after reading this whole thread, i really want to try some of this beer.

if anyone up there is willing to/wants to trade please send me a PM.

Im in CT, so i can offer things like new england brewing comp, sixpoint, and others but i dont know whats down here that isnt up there.

anyways, just asking, not trying to derail the attempts to make a clone

rich

 
Old 01-23-2013, 12:49 AM   #663
whitehause
Recipes 
 
Oct 2011
Fleetwood, Pa
Posts: 1,124
Liked 152 Times on 107 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by mewithstewpid View Post
after reading this whole thread, i really want to try some of this beer.

if anyone up there is willing to/wants to trade please send me a PM.

Im in CT, so i can offer things like new england brewing comp, sixpoint, and others but i dont know whats down here that isnt up there.

anyways, just asking, not trying to derail the attempts to make a clone

rich
How far are you from the brewery? Take a day trip!
__________________
Screw it, Lets brew it

Primary 1- BM's Cream of three crops.
Primary 2- Paleface Scalper
Primary 3- Monks Reward (Kreuzberg)
Kegged - Honey Badger, Heady topper clone 1, Indian Paleface Scalper
Bottled- Skeptical Dog winter Lager, Hell's Belgian, Old Dutch Hiefer Hefe,Aphlewein, Chocolate Thunder porter, Jacked up lantern

 
Old 01-23-2013, 12:58 AM   #664
theveganbrewer
Recipes 
 
Sep 2011
Beaverton, OR
Posts: 1,929
Liked 295 Times on 209 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by mewithstewpid View Post
after reading this whole thread, i really want to try some of this beer.

if anyone up there is willing to/wants to trade please send me a PM.

Im in CT, so i can offer things like new england brewing comp, sixpoint, and others but i dont know whats down here that isnt up there.

anyways, just asking, not trying to derail the attempts to make a clone

rich
I second the road trip idea and also would like to include a part where you buy a few cases and ship them to all of us contributing here. Not for free of course.
__________________
-Retired Homebrewer

Johnnyhitch1 Likes This 
Old 01-23-2013, 01:14 AM   #665
Tupperwolf
Recipes 
 
Jan 2013
Posts: 271
Liked 35 Times on 27 Posts


I would be very interested in trying this beer if anyone could get me a 4-pack.

There is something about it, from the look of the can, to the buzz that I'm reading, that makes me more excited than usual to try to get some.

 
Old 01-23-2013, 01:24 AM   #666
bottlebomber
 
bottlebomber's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Ukiah, CA
Posts: 14,342
Liked 2737 Times on 2112 Posts


The only can I've had came to me by the graces of Airborneguy. Considering he doesn't live anywhere near the distribution zone it was a true sacrifice. I would love to get some more in the future. I've got a lead. I'm hoping the quality stays the when they expand.

 
Old 01-23-2013, 01:30 AM   #667
theveganbrewer
Recipes 
 
Sep 2011
Beaverton, OR
Posts: 1,929
Liked 295 Times on 209 Posts


Soon we will all have the clone recipe and be able to brew it fresher in our own homes and won't need Heady anymore.
__________________
-Retired Homebrewer

whitehause Likes This 
Old 01-23-2013, 07:23 AM   #668
emjay
 
emjay's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 12,792
Liked 1719 Times on 1606 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
The only can I've had came to me by the graces of Airborneguy. Considering he doesn't live anywhere near the distribution zone it was a true sacrifice. I would love to get some more in the future. I've got a lead. I'm hoping the quality stays the when they expand.
You will have to secure one for me, then!

I am dying to try this beer, more than any other. Two Hearted and Zombie Dust probably round out my top 3.

 
Old 01-23-2013, 07:28 AM   #669
theveganbrewer
Recipes 
 
Sep 2011
Beaverton, OR
Posts: 1,929
Liked 295 Times on 209 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
You will have to secure one for me, then!

I am dying to try this beer, more than any other. Two Hearted and Zombie Dust probably round out my top 3.
https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF...aterbury%2C+vt

Less than 8 hours! I'm considering driving 13 if I can't get some Citra DIPA soon.
__________________
-Retired Homebrewer

 
Old 01-23-2013, 08:05 AM   #670
emjay
 
emjay's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 12,792
Liked 1719 Times on 1606 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by theveganbrewer View Post

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF...aterbury%2C+vt

Less than 8 hours! I'm considering driving 13 if I can't get some Citra DIPA soon.
I'm actually an hour north of Toronto now, so make that 9

I might have possibly gone had I decided to go to NHC this year. I was going to, but after hearing it's in Grand Rapids next year I decided I could wait another year!

A nearby brewery (~30 minutes further north, really the only great or even good brewery in the entire province) makes a pretty good all-citra IPA. They're only a few years old, but I still haven't gone to the actual brewery yet. Maybe I should...

 
Closed Thread
Thread Tools



Forum Jump