Check this beer bottle out!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewUpAndSup

Reaction score
How Ace are they!? Got them today from a shop called B&M Bargains for 69p each! :)
Happy chappy!

image-1707264908.jpg

They come with beer in too! Lucky buddah beer from china. 4.8% Not tried one yet but don't care what they taste like because I've just got 6 smart bottles! There is a website on the bottle www.luckydrinkco.com

The local HEB and specs has these but I've never bought them because the I assumed the beer would suck.

Yep the beer was **** but don't mind paying 69 cents for a cool bottle! Well I bought 6 of them! :)

Goes for about $3 a bottle at BevMo(California-wine,beer,liquor store)...Never tried one.

Lucky beer is pretty good. It's from china, the bottles look so cool though! My friend brought me a bottle of this several months ago, it's really cheap. Yeah, off base (england) they're really cheap to buy around $1.00 USD per bottle. The flavor is odd imo, it's there for as long as it hits your palate but then its gone. make sure you don't get a skunked bottle tho.

BrewUpAndSup said:
Skunked bottle? What does that mean?

Because the bottle is green, if it is exposed to light the hops in the beer inside will 'skunk'.

Most of the time this is considered an off-flavor, but some Heineken drinkers have come to associate that skunkiness with their beer.

This is why most craft beer comes in brown bottles, to keep out the light and avoid skunking. I use green bottles with my cider, where I don't have to worry about skunking because there are no hops.

Pappers_ said:
Because the bottle is green, if it is exposed to light the hops in the beer inside will 'skunk'.

Most of the time this is considered an off-flavor, but some Heineken drinkers have come to associate that skunkiness with their beer.

This is why most craft beer comes in brown bottles, to keep out the light and avoid skunking. I use green bottles with my cider, where I don't have to worry about skunking because there are no hops.

Exactly! I take bottles from the box instead of the shelf. Here in England the stores don't do much to protect their beers like they do stateside. So I always check the date and pull bottles from a closed box to get the best beer possible.

The local HEB and specs has these but I've never bought them because the I assumed the beer would suck.

I was in Houston for a wedding this weekend and saw the bottles sitting in the single bottle section of an HEB beer aisle. I assumed the beer would suck and bought it anyway because it's a bad ass bottle. :mug:

ITz-Supreme said:
Did the beer taste good

I found some of these at a local supermarket, here in Longview, TX. I put one in a sampler 6er, cause the bottle looked so cool. I'll just say I'm glad I only had to drink 1! I like to keep 1 bottle from each batch I make though. So now Buddha is holding a kolsch!

image-2255073327.jpg

Cool bottle!

Latest posts

Back