Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brew Science > D2 syrup composition - What the hell is it?

Old 03-20-2012, 12:39 AM   #31
Nateo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 35

I've actually had mixed results with the isolated amino nutritional supplements I've tried. Lysene will give a really strong toasted bread, then later almond flavor/aroma, that's interesting, but not exactly what I'm going for.

I'm pretty sure the dark fruit flavors are more of a caramelization flavor, and I think the burnt sugar is more of a caramelization flavor, although you can get the toasty/nutty/chocolatey flavors from much lower temperatures.

The problem I think is that a lot of the target compounds have a lot of intermediate stages that require precursors. So the exact mix of amino acids plays a big role in the results.

My blogsite: http://nateobrew.blogspot.com/