Sanyo 4912 Freon Line Confirmation - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Sanyo 4912 Freon Line Confirmation

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2007, 01:59 PM   #1
Brewer3401
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Brewer3401's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2004
Southeast Louisiana
Posts: 1,152
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts



Bought 2 months ago and finally drilled holes in top. 2.50" hole dead center and 1.50" hole for drain line for drip pan.
Followed Buford's plans exactly, so it is identical.
Even though this worked for me, if you do, I'd do the vodka and corn startch trick.
Even without that, with the top off, you can feel warm and cool spots on the top of the frig.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:02 AM   #2
HenryHill
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
HenryHill's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2007
Perry, MI
Posts: 3,040
Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts


I didn't bother checking-pilot hole on center lines of plastic top-transferred down to top of fridge- then 2 1/2" hole saw.

I just roll like that....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by orfy
Never mock another man's brewery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
This is HBT of course. Normal Thread that goes every direction but the one intended. This forum should be scientific proof the beer causes ADD

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:53 PM   #3
sirsloop
Recipes 
 
Jun 2006
South River, NJ
Posts: 2,587
Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts


Henry DANGER Hill
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~___//_ ____________________________~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~_/ [][]| | /```\/```\/```\/```\/```\ |~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~_/_______| |____NOW TRIPLE HOPPED______|~~~~~~~~~~
~~~___/[_]| 00 /| | \,,,/\,,,/\,,,/\,,,/\,,,/ |~~~~~~~~~~
~~|___|___|___/_| |___________________________|~~~~~~~~~~
~~|=(*)[________]==(*)(*)=| \________/=(*)(*)=|~~~~~~~~~~

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 07:26 PM   #4
HenryHill
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
HenryHill's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2007
Perry, MI
Posts: 3,040
Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts


Nah, I saw about 15 guys do it before I did-and went straight to it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by orfy
Never mock another man's brewery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
This is HBT of course. Normal Thread that goes every direction but the one intended. This forum should be scientific proof the beer causes ADD

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:16 AM   #5
sirsloop
Recipes 
 
Jun 2006
South River, NJ
Posts: 2,587
Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts


same here
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~___//_ ____________________________~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~_/ [][]| | /```\/```\/```\/```\/```\ |~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~_/_______| |____NOW TRIPLE HOPPED______|~~~~~~~~~~
~~~___/[_]| 00 /| | \,,,/\,,,/\,,,/\,,,/\,,,/ |~~~~~~~~~~
~~|___|___|___/_| |___________________________|~~~~~~~~~~
~~|=(*)[________]==(*)(*)=| \________/=(*)(*)=|~~~~~~~~~~

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:30 AM   #6
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png
 
BierMuncher's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2007
St. Louis, MO
Posts: 12,402
Liked 789 Times on 435 Posts


I didn't have any alcohol so I found an old box of alcohol swabs...those little things you wipe your skin with before you give and injection???

Took me longer to clean up those damn foil wrappers (about 20 of them) than it did to drill the hole.

PS - $100 says that line is always exactly 7" from the back, runs left to right. Just in case you don't have any alcohol either....

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 06:57 PM   #7
spiderman6969
Recipes 
 
Jun 2007
Posts: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewer3401
Bought 2 months ago and finally drilled holes in top. 2.50" hole dead center and 1.50" hole for drain line for drip pan.
Followed Buford's plans exactly, so it is identical.
Even though this worked for me, if you do, I'd do the vodka and corn startch trick.
Even without that, with the top off, you can feel warm and cool spots on the top of the frig.
I have been thinking of picking up a Sanyo 4912... but where are these Buford's plans you speak of? I need some DIY instructions on how to convert that fridge into a kegerator.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 07:01 PM   #8
olllllo
[]-O-[]
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
olllllo's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 13,330
Liked 140 Times on 114 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman6969
I have been thinking of picking up a Sanyo 4912... but where are these Buford's plans you speak of? I need some DIY instructions on how to convert that fridge into a kegerator.
Good lord... They're all over this site.

Search.... here's one post.
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showpost...62&postcount=4
__________________
Rabbit And Coyote Schwag
Rob - Phoenix Ambassador to Milwaukee
Where did your avatar go?
Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 07:15 PM   #9
spiderman6969
Recipes 
 
Jun 2007
Posts: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by olllllo
Good lord... They're all over this site.

Search.... here's one post.
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showpost...62&postcount=4
sorry as you can tell i am new. I didnt see the search button until now. thanks.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 07:17 PM   #10
olllllo
[]-O-[]
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
olllllo's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 13,330
Liked 140 Times on 114 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman6969
sorry as you can tell i am new. I didnt see the search button until now. thanks.
I didn't mean to jump all over you, but it happens to be the most written about diy on this board.
__________________
Rabbit And Coyote Schwag
Rob - Phoenix Ambassador to Milwaukee
Where did your avatar go?
Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter

 
Reply With Quote


Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sanyo 4912 vs. Sanyo SR-4912M jay29 Equipment/Sanitation 9 03-07-2011 05:31 AM
sanyo 4912 shoebag22 Bottling/Kegging 5 05-08-2008 12:01 AM
Sanyo 4912 gas-line help BlakMajix Bottling/Kegging 11 04-28-2008 06:18 PM
Sanyo 4912 with Co2 on the outside Donasay Bottling/Kegging 3 01-20-2008 08:49 PM
1/2 keg in sanyo 4912 roryspa Bottling/Kegging 2 09-06-2007 01:54 AM


Forum Jump