Kicking around the idea of a 15gal kettle group purchase...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
**EDIT**

New group purchase starts 3/13/12. Runs until 3/16/12.

(Copied from post 53)

Well we are getting A LOT of requests to do another group purchase of the 15gal kettles and since we're here to serve the people.....

The 15gal kettle will be offered again at the discounted price of $150 (normally $170). The kettle can be ordered with 2 vertical couplers, 2 horizontal couplers or 1 coupler. The lid is included as well as free shipping to the lower 48. The kettle measures 16.5" wide by 17" tall (link to kettle: www.spikebrewing.com/15gal_vertical).

We're placing a large order for kettles this week so there will be a 2 week lead time on getting your kettle but the wait will make it that much better (at least that's what I was told in grade school ).

Email ([email protected]), private message, reply to this thread or call me (262.370.4616) and we'll send out a Paypal invoice for the discounted rate. Cut off for this group sale will be Friday March 16th.

-Ben

Im interested. Could the couplers be arranged different? Just want the top one raised a bit.

I wish I didnt just buy a 10 gallon kettle. Definitely going to pass this off to a friend though.

What's the diameter of this kettle? Is it triclad? And can we get it without the bungs welded in?

The kettle is 16.5" wide by 17" tall and single layered. I can sell without the fittings. PM me.

Interested, especially if you can shave off a bit on one with the optional thermometer and ball valve.

I might be in if you could do a combo with the ball valve and thermometer.

I really can't go lower on the valves and thermos unfortunately

how about the 20 gallon?

Right now we're only looking at offering this for the 15gal

Im interested. Could the couplers be arranged different? Just want the top one raised a bit.

Yes. The top coupler is at 7" from the bottom currently.

I wish I didnt just buy a 10 gallon kettle. Definitely going to pass this off to a friend though.

Thank you! :mug:

I would be in for one. Does it come with a lid like the one pictured?

Comes with lid and 2 couplers

put me down for one then.

also, how far from the bottom of the kettle is the bottom coupler? thanks!

Your kettles look really nice. Really like the idea of tig welded couplings. Is it possible to take this a step further and add an option for a site glass?

I just got one of those from Ben... Awesome pot and he's cool to do business with. If you can, grab one of these.

put me down for one then.

also, how far from the bottom of the kettle is the bottom coupler? thanks!

Bottom coupler is about 1.5" from the bottom.

Any chance this kettle could qualify for the group buy? I like the shorter stature and the false bottom

Yes, we can do that!

Your kettles look really nice. Really like the idea of tig welded couplings. Is it possible to take this a step further and add an option for a site glass?

Well we have the kettle with 2 horizontal couplers so one can be used with a ball valve and the other a thermo sight glass combo but we can always have a 3rd coupler welded in.

Also, is this CL posting yours by any chance?

That would be me! :mug:

i would be interested. what's the wall thickness?

1mm thick. Very sturdy kettles!

Maybe we could squeeze shipping to Canada into this group buy? :) I'll even pay some extra!!!

I'm not opposed to shipping to Canada but the quotes I get back are like $100-120 which takes out all my profit margin

I'm interested...it's a good price even after adding the ball valve, barb fitting and thermometer.

I'm in for one for sure, possibly two. I'll be watching the thread in case the group buy happens.

I am very interested if you could do 2 horizontal couplers.

I am looking for the perfect pot for doing BIAB and this would be it, if I could make the one port a combo sightglass/thermometer and the other a ball valve.

i'm also very interested in a kettle. I'm located in San Diego, CA.

Have we reached 10 people yet? Cause i'm ready to place my order ;)

can this be adjusted as well? my hop blocker is 1.5" tall..

We can weld one higher or lower but it would be a little more expensive and would have about a 1 week lead time.

I am very interested if you could do 2 horizontal couplers.

I am looking for the perfect pot for doing BIAB and this would be it, if I could make the one port a combo sightglass/thermometer and the other a ball valve.

The offer is for 1 coupler, 2 vertical or 2 horizontal fittings. So you're good :mug:

i'm also very interested in a kettle. I'm located in San Diego, CA.

Have we reached 10 people yet? Cause i'm ready to place my order ;)

Check your PMs :rockin:

Ok gentlemen and ladies it looks like we have enough people to do the group purchase. Here's how we are going to handle this. Please let us know (by PM or email [email protected]) which style 15gal you would like (1 coupler, 2 vertical or 2 horizontal). Also if you are interested in a ball valve, thermo or barb. Once we have that info we'll send out a custom Paypal invoice.

Here's the kettle: www.spikebrewing.com/15gal_kettle. It will be reduced from $170 to $150.

The cut off for this offer is this Wednesday March 7th.

-Ben

Back