Not enough carbonation in my beer - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Not enough carbonation in my beer

Old 02-27-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
volfan16
Recipes 

Jan 2012

Am pretty new to home brewing and have run into the problem of not having much carbonation in my beer. It tastes Good, but a tad flat; and the head in the beer is basically non-existent. One of the batches I made was from a kit, the other two were recipes I found on home brew talk. I used an 8oz (or whatever amount that comes in the individual packets of priming sugar) but I have had this problem with each batch. After bottling I let the beer sit in 70 degrees for two weeks, is there anything else I can do to fix this issue?

Old 02-27-2012, 01:21 PM   #2
rifraf

Recipes 

Jan 2012
Chicagoish, Illinois
Liked 197 Times on 150 Posts

Revvy has a much longer post that may make it here soon, but in general:

Just give it more time. As long as you used the right amount of sugar, it will carbonate given enough time. Some beers take 3 weeks, some take 3 months...just be patient!
You have to grow old, you don't have to grow up.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #3
dustinolsen
Recipes 

Sep 2010
Wyoming

I have found that the longer that I let bottled beer sit the better it carbonates. I made a raspberry wheat on April 1st and it is now fully carbonated. I think patience is the hardest part of brewing. I just recently (this week) started kegging my beer with Tap a draft and love that it is carbonated in only one week and it taste great. Happy brewing.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:37 PM   #4
DannyD
Recipes 

Jul 2011
Polokwane, Limpopo
Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

3-6 week (duck an run........... Revvy is comming!!!!!)

Old 03-10-2012, 03:09 AM   #5
theonetrueruss
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2010
Woodstock, GA
Liked 50 Times on 36 Posts

Either you didn't wait long enough or you had a lot more volume than normal. Wait a few more weeks. The beer will be better for it anyway.