BeerSmith Android Brew Buddy - Page 24 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > BeerSmith Android Brew Buddy

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2012, 08:52 PM   #231
Adeering
Recipes 
 
Jan 2012
Sherwood, Arkansas
Posts: 662
Liked 47 Times on 39 Posts


Ill look into it, it might be a simple addition so Ill see how hard it will be to implement, its added to the list
__________________
Primary: None
Secondary: None
Bottle Conditioning/Carbonating: Apple Pie
Kegged: None :(
Bottled: None
Next Brews: Pumpkin Ale, Unknown

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:57 PM   #232
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Golddiggie's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2010
Posts: 11,995
Liked 491 Times on 427 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeering View Post
Ill look into it, it might be a simple addition so Ill see how hard it will be to implement, its added to the list
I would put the Google Drive item as a rather low priority at this point. I'm sure you have other higher ranked items on your list. Besides, Google Drive isn't even available for use yet (I signed up to be notified when it is available)...
__________________
Hopping Tango Brewery

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:08 PM   #233
Adeering
Recipes 
 
Jan 2012
Sherwood, Arkansas
Posts: 662
Liked 47 Times on 39 Posts


Yeah its pretty low, however talking with Brad it seems like integrating with the BeerSmith cloud might not be possible. Im still working on figuring out what would be required and making sure hes ok with it. So having another cloud service such as dropbox and google drive might be a good backup. It is lower on the list as right now all work is going towards BeerXML so this app is beneficial to more than just beersmith users.
__________________
Primary: None
Secondary: None
Bottle Conditioning/Carbonating: Apple Pie
Kegged: None :(
Bottled: None
Next Brews: Pumpkin Ale, Unknown

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:19 PM   #234
bmbigda
Recipes 
 
Oct 2009
Pembroke, MA
Posts: 329
Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeering
Yeah its pretty low, however talking with Brad it seems like integrating with the BeerSmith cloud might not be possible. Im still working on figuring out what would be required and making sure hes ok with it. So having another cloud service such as dropbox and google drive might be a good backup. It is lower on the list as right now all work is going towards BeerXML so this app is beneficial to more than just beersmith users.
I don't understand how Brad can be creating a cloud for BeerSmith and not a mobile app. The point of a cloud is to have access to files on all of your devices. At least he's willing to integrate with you...

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:34 PM   #235
Adeering
Recipes 
 
Jan 2012
Sherwood, Arkansas
Posts: 662
Liked 47 Times on 39 Posts


Im not associated with beersmith at all, Im just some guy who enjoys the product and wanted to use it on my tablet while brewing. So he doesnt exactly want to give me all the information on how his stuff works, which I need to integrate it, which is understandable. Im just some random guy and he has spent years working on BeerSmith
__________________
Primary: None
Secondary: None
Bottle Conditioning/Carbonating: Apple Pie
Kegged: None :(
Bottled: None
Next Brews: Pumpkin Ale, Unknown

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:39 PM   #236
JeepDiver
Recipes 
 
Apr 2009
Highlands Ranch, CO
Posts: 1,326
Liked 147 Times on 115 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeering
Which boxes are only one character? Can you give a screenshot and you should be able to still type more it might just be cutting off because of screen size visually. In order to trouble shoot I need as much info as possible: device, detail description and/or picture, etc.

Because there are so many different android devices I cannot tell how its going to look on all of them, so the more information you give the more likely to be fixed
The first 2 volume fields are maybe one character and the last volume field is 2 characters. The gravity fields are fine. No screenshot app on the phone. Probably won't have time to find one tommorow. Will post a pic then

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:18 PM   #237
SPLASTiK
Recipes 
 
Aug 2006
Juneau, AK
Posts: 541
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbigda View Post
I don't understand how Brad can be creating a cloud for BeerSmith and not a mobile app. The point of a cloud is to have access to files on all of your devices. At least he's willing to integrate with you...
I think he's working on an iOS app which is why he's creating a cloud but was looking at ways to make it so it wouldn't be too much work to compile an Android version in the future.
__________________
beerwildered.com

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:10 AM   #238
DJP00829
Ice Cold Brewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
DJP00829's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2011
East Lansing, MI
Posts: 83
Liked 9 Times on 4 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddiggie

I would put the Google Drive item as a rather low priority at this point. I'm sure you have other higher ranked items on your list. Besides, Google Drive isn't even available for use yet (I signed up to be notified when it is available)...
I agree, it's not that big of a priority, especially since the dropbox feature works like a charm.

But - Google Drive is live as of earlier today. It replaces the "document" tab on your google account bar once you activate it... I'm not sure why you wouldn't have been notified.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:20 AM   #239
JeepDiver
Recipes 
 
Apr 2009
Highlands Ranch, CO
Posts: 1,326
Liked 147 Times on 115 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by DJP00829

I agree, it's not that big of a priority, especially since the dropbox feature works like a charm.

But - Google Drive is live as of earlier today. It replaces the "document" tab on your google account bar once you activate it... I'm not sure why you wouldn't have been notified.
Because they haven't cut it on for everyone, esp Google domain users

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:25 AM   #240
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Golddiggie's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2010
Posts: 11,995
Liked 491 Times on 427 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by DJP00829 View Post
I agree, it's not that big of a priority, especially since the dropbox feature works like a charm.

But - Google Drive is live as of earlier today. It replaces the "document" tab on your google account bar once you activate it... I'm not sure why you wouldn't have been notified.
Probably because I just use gmail and don't have any toolbars installed in my browsers. I hate those frakkin things with a passion.

Where's the stand-alone app that they mention in the article for computers? I see one for Android, but not Windows (don't give a fig about mac)...
__________________
Hopping Tango Brewery

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brew Timer for Android humanjoe Brewing Software 88 10-27-2014 08:42 PM
Brew Apps for Android Brewratt Brewing Software 9 01-25-2013 07:10 AM
Brew World for Android mrtrav Brewing Software 3 09-30-2011 12:45 PM
Viewing Beersmith brewsheet on Android? Bitterbrush Brewing Software 5 07-19-2011 11:18 AM
Any brew-software for Android? Baja_Brewer Brewing Software 195 06-15-2011 08:02 AM


Forum Jump