Originally Posted by arthurmaysii
Would too much acid blend harm the yeast. The recipe i used call for 5 tsp. Its only a gallon batch. Could this be the problem?
That's a LOT. I mean, I think that's got to be a mistake. 5 teaspoons might even be too much for a 5 gallon batch, depending on the recipe. Yes, that might be too acidic for the yeast. My plum wine doesn't use any acid blend to start, as often plums have plenty of acid on their own.
Give it another 24 hours and see if it takes off. If not, you could try adding more yeast.