Neighbors! - Page 7 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Neighbors!

Old 04-06-2012, 07:51 PM   #61
barneygumble
Recipes 

Apr 2012
Pittsfield, MA
Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyer View Post
I'll trade neighbors with you. We have a cigar smoking midget, a pervert and mennonite dairy farmers for neighbors. I should invite them all over for beer sometime.
Heeyyy!, you say that like its a bad thing!

Old 04-07-2012, 03:51 PM   #62
TowsonTiger22
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2009
Baltimore
Liked 2015 Times on 1940 Posts

My neighbor is pretty neutral. Doesn't really talk to me, mostly cause I live in Baltimore and am a Steelers fan. But eh, as long as he leaves me be, and doesn't complain about me leaving on a motorcycle at 4 in the morning for work.

Old 04-30-2012, 03:01 PM   #63
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2133 Times on 1409 Posts

Last night we got back from SWMBO's parents' place with wedding presents in the car. One of our neighbors, Paul, rents the garage in our house, so technically he is within his rights to get annoyed when we park in the driveway to unload our stuff.

Not only did Paul not get annoyed last night, he helped me carry a beast of a box into the house, and offered to help me get it up the stairs. This thread seemed like just the place to rave about the guy, even if its unlikely that he'd ever read it.

I'll put up with the guy across the street who throws his pants out the window and the cat-piss sexpot downstairs if it means we get to keep Paul.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 05-01-2012, 04:49 AM   #64
wolfstar
Recipes 

Apr 2009
Hidden Valley, Arizona
Liked 38 Times on 29 Posts

neighbors? We ain't got no stinkin' neighbors

The skys are great at night, my wolfypoos can howl all they want, I guess the closest thing we can call a neighbor is coyotes and other desert critters...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hidden...82770901746380

Working to save unwanted Wolfdogs from euthenasia, and educating the public about the joys and trials of Wolfdog and other exotic canid companionship.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:06 PM   #65
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Liked 7719 Times on 5422 Posts

I wanted to bump this, because guess who is coming for a visit next week?!?! Yep, our friends David and Patti!

They are going to stay a night at our house midweek, and we're going to brew and visit and drink a few beers.

What a funny way to meet people, I guess, just kayaking by their house in Texas. But I'm so glad I did!

Old 10-19-2012, 11:32 PM   #66
VegasJ
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Liked 72 Times on 48 Posts

thats pretty cool.

Sadly, around me I might pass and see a few meth labs or distillers running...

Old 10-19-2012, 11:52 PM   #67
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasJ View Post
thats pretty cool.

Sadly, around me I might pass and see a few meth labs or distillers running...
Well, the next time I'm in Pittsburgh, I'll stop by if it will make you feel better.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:59 PM   #68
fergusmj
Recipes 

Apr 2012
Lafayette, IN
Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts

My wife and I are younger for our neighborhood (we're late 20's now but were mid 20's when we moved in). Our neighbors to our left were late 70's and 80's (the gentleman still flew out to Cali to visit his 99 year old mother!). They were great people. Friendly to talk to but never really bugged us. Asked me for a favor hear and there, which I was always happy to help with. They even let us tear down the fence between our properties so we could put up a taller one to prevent our newly adopted dog from jumping over it. They've since moved and a couple in their late 40's / 50's moved in. They're nice and we do they occasional wave and "Hey, how ya doing?" thing, but that's about it.

The neighbors to our right are in their 50's and the wife's husband had a stroke a few years before we moved in. They stay to themselves a good amount, but again, very nice people. I've been mowing for them most of the summer since her lawn mower was broke. They aren't financially well since his stroke and she works when she can, so a mower wasn't in their budget to get a new one. Family ended up getting them a new one, so now I don't see them too much other than the occasional "hey".

I have noticed now a lot more younger people in the neighborhood which is nice Always fun to just walk home after a long night of beverages instead of having to worry about driving.

Old 11-03-2012, 12:05 AM   #69
headbanger
Recipes 

Apr 2011
The Hill, KY
Liked 767 Times on 477 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergusmj View Post
My wife and I are younger for our neighborhood (we're late 20's now but were mid 20's when we moved in). Our neighbors to our left were late 70's and 80's (the gentleman still flew out to Cali to visit his 99 year old mother!). They were great people. Friendly to talk to but never really bugged us. Asked me for a favor hear and there, which I was always happy to help with. They even let us tear down the fence between our properties so we could put up a taller one to prevent our newly adopted dog from jumping over it. They've since moved and a couple in their late 40's / 50's moved in. They're nice and we do they occasional wave and "Hey, how ya doing?" thing, but that's about it.

The neighbors to our right are in their 50's and the wife's husband had a stroke a few years before we moved in. They stay to themselves a good amount, but again, very nice people. I've been mowing for them most of the summer since her lawn mower was broke. They aren't financially well since his stroke and she works when she can, so a mower wasn't in their budget to get a new one. Family ended up getting them a new one, so now I don't see them too much other than the occasional "hey".

I have noticed now a lot more younger people in the neighborhood which is nice Always fun to just walk home after a long night of beverages instead of having to worry about driving.
You Sir are a good neighbor.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #70
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
I wanted to bump this, because guess who is coming for a visit next week?!?! Yep, our friends David and Patti!

They are going to stay a night at our house midweek, and we're going to brew and visit and drink a few beers.

What a funny way to meet people, I guess, just kayaking by their house in Texas. But I'm so glad I did!
I forgot about this until just now, but they came over and we brewed an American amber. They left for Texas back in November, but I kegged the beer and I'm bringing it down so they can try it on Sunday.

Looking forward to seeing them again, and hopefully brewing!