Neighbors! - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Neighbors!

Old 02-27-2012, 05:30 PM   #21
GilaMinumBeer
Half-fast Prattlarian
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 7720 Times on 6301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampassJ View Post
You can have my neighbors. The *******.decided midnight was the perfect time to listen to music. I have to knock on the jerks door every 2 weeks between 11pm and 3am.
I'd do this exactly once.

I'd let the police do the following knocks.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:35 PM   #22
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2134 Times on 1409 Posts

I lucked out in the neighbors department. I helped the older Italian woman to my left fix her fence (true story) so no worries there ever, and then there is the greek family to my right. "Hi George, we're going to be having a party on Saturday, please let us know if we get too loud." "Loud? No, we've never had neighbors too loud for US".

Those folks can party and roast a mean lamb :-).

Also, why do I feel like I would enjoy chance encounters with Yoop and Bob? I know there would be some killer beer involved...

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 02-27-2012, 05:58 PM   #23
nyer
Recipes 

Dec 2007
Merritt Island, Florida
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdboy View Post
Wow you have Mennonite dairy farmers for neighbors? I would be trying to get some milk from them for making cheese...
If you could smell the dairy barn you would quit drinking milk.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:59 PM   #24
GilaMinumBeer
Half-fast Prattlarian

Recipes 

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyer View Post
If you could smell the dairy barn you would quit drinking milk.
Don't ever go visit a chicken coop then.

Old 02-27-2012, 06:00 PM   #25
nyer
Recipes 

Dec 2007
Merritt Island, Florida
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaMinumBeer View Post
After those posts, lets keep it to Richard. Mkay?
Ok Richard, by the way when did you get the sheep?

Old 02-27-2012, 06:01 PM   #26
Mr_Shinkai
Recipes 

Jan 2012
Lawrenceville, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaMinumBeer

Don't ever go visit a chicken coop then.
Preach, preacher!

Old 02-27-2012, 06:01 PM   #27
aiptasia

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Them Scary Woods, FL
Liked 544 Times on 481 Posts

We go through weird neighbors. We had one named David that went insane. He was a paranoid schizophrenic and would go off his meds about twice a year and get weird. His parents, both rich doctors, bought the house next to ours for him (great, thanks....). David's usual weirdness usually involved stealing plants and water from neighbors yards for his own and playing religious music until dawn at 120 decible levels. The last straw was David creating a trash version of stonehenge out of beer and soda cans in the driveway, only more creepy and hodge podge. He fought the police in hand to hand combat after neighbors complained for the last time and I guess his parents kicked him out of the house and had him committed.

The new neighbors are renters and while they appear to be nice, we're just hoping they don't invest their money in pitt bulls.

Our other neighbors on the left are only semi-nuts. My DW went through a pretty bitter divorce battle in 2007 and the neighbor-woman took my DW's alcoholic ex-husband's side. Shame, because my DW got custody and the house. Now it's always awkward-sauce between my DW and the woman next door. The man next door (another David, go figure) never took sides (smart) and is actually quite nice. That, plus they're barren, trying to have kids for 20 years with no success, and we just had a 9 month old baby. Jealousy all over that woman's face.

2014: Seven Heavens Series One: Vilon, Mystic Melomel, Skeeter Pee.

Old 02-27-2012, 06:06 PM   #28
GilaMinumBeer
Half-fast Prattlarian

Recipes 

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyer View Post
Ok Richard, by the way when did you get the sheep?
On my last visit to a Baaaah-mitsfa.

nmfree Likes This 
Old 02-27-2012, 06:44 PM   #29
nyer
Recipes 

Dec 2007
Merritt Island, Florida
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

This is getting good. I forgot one of my old neighbors.
The cigar smoking midget with a lisp named Dick had his cousin living in a camper with no heat, water or electricity behind our houses in the woods. His name was Bud and he was about 55 and lived out there for 2 years with a younger guy in his
20's with no teeth. Dick told me that they were lovers from San Francisco. So there was a 2 year period that my neighbor to the North was a cigar smoking midget with a lisp named Dick. My neighbors to the East lived in a camper in the woods and were always happy. My neighbors to the South were Mennonites with a smelly barn and my neighbor to the West was a pervert. I can't wait to move. The cigar smoking midget with a lisp named Dick is actually pretty cool though.

Old 02-27-2012, 07:02 PM   #30
GilaMinumBeer
Half-fast Prattlarian

Recipes 

Jan 2008

Schtop mekkin' foon of mah speesh impayde, inpedimo, problem.