OK...finally got some work done. Lots of "life" stuff getting in the way.
We bought some flat bar stock to create the burner mounts and the grill tops. I bought the metal in 20' sticks at a metal yard...so had to make lots of cuts...My poor cheap little chop saw is having a hell of a time.
The grill tops idea came from Kladue....which I admit that I copied.
They consist of a 3/4" round stock for the center hub....then 1" x 1/4" thick flat bar stock for the star pattern.
The Ignition modules, spark cables, burners, and solenoid valves showed up...although it looks like I ordered the wrong pilot burners...I ordered one without the spark module attached....so still gotta figure that out and get the right one that can handle LP.
Once I get the grill tops all welded together, I will finish the burner mounts....then it's on to plumbing in the gas system.