Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Thoughts on this label?

Old 02-25-2012, 02:47 AM   #1
gmcapone
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Thoughts on this label?

I'm a noob to photoshop so I don't really know anything too advanced but I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions on this label. I like where it's going so far but for the neck part it seems kind of....empty. Also, the gradient part on the neck portion is bigger than the actual label so I could be sure there isn't any edges that get missed. This is why the shape looks sort of obscure.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 02-25-2012, 02:51 AM   #2
flanneltrees804
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Looks great! One thought... if you sell a bottle you'll have the feds and Nintendo after you. Sounds like a good time to me

Old 02-25-2012, 03:04 AM   #3
gmcapone
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flanneltrees804 View Post
Looks great! One thought... if you sell a bottle you'll have the feds and Nintendo after you. Sounds like a good time to me
Thanks, and I'll make sure I go back to my family's roots and only bootleg it

Old 02-25-2012, 04:24 AM   #4
hafmpty
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Add a stroke (outline) to the font you use for the name. You can google "adding a stroke to font" to find out how if you don't already know. The beer name blends into the background too much, but adding an outline might set it off a bit..

Old 02-25-2012, 04:38 AM   #5
gmcapone
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafmpty View Post
Add a stroke (outline) to the font you use for the name. You can google "adding a stroke to font" to find out how if you don't already know. The beer name blends into the background too much, but adding an outline might set it off a bit..
Will do, thanks!

Old 02-26-2012, 04:40 PM   #6
Edcculus
Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 40 Posts

I think the photo in the background of the main label needs to be fainter so the text stands out more. I'd also be inclined to put a semi transparent white box behind the black text to make it stand out also.

I'd change the font in the black blurb text. Papyrus is the new Comic Sans. I think it works for the title, but not in the blurb text. Choose a simple easy to read font like Helvetica for stuff like that.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:14 PM   #7
CherryStScallywag
Recipes 

just a design critique. when you apply the label to the neck, you want 90% of the "important" information to be contained within the circular area, the "wings" to either side are really only for extra info (like a quick description of that beer, or the brewery, or a joke or quote). I say this because most people don't think about the 3-dimensional surface of the bottle neck.