Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Buying a kegging system

Old 02-24-2012, 05:17 PM   #1
Sharkman20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Buying a kegging system

I'm looking at purchasing a kegging system from midwest today or tomorrow, and I'm trying to get the best kit for my money, but I still do not want something lower quality that I will have to replace soon. I want a two keg system with a double gauge regulator, and I've found these two products from them.

This one is $199

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/keggi...lock-kegs.html

This one is $254

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/keggi...-co2-tank.html

Both systems come with a new 5lb co2 tank, two 5 gallon kegs and double regulator, but there is a 55 dollar difference between the two. Other than the dimensions of the keg, I can't tell what would be the cause of the price difference. One says the kegs are pin lock, the other does not specify but I am assuming they are pin lock since they have a seperate similar kit that states ball lock which I would rather get, but they are out of stock. Can anyone provide some insight on these or point me in the direction of any other good 2 keg systems to start off with?

Old 02-24-2012, 05:39 PM   #2
tchfunkta
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Difference in Kits

I believe the more expensive one is ball lock keg.

Pin lock kegs are shorter and wider, so make sure you have the space in your fridge.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:51 PM   #3
Sharkman20
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

I emailed them and they confirmed that they were ball lock style so I went ahead and made the purchase. I have a mini fridge and a full size beer fridge so I'm sure I'll have the room one way or another. lol

Old 02-25-2012, 04:49 PM   #4
Larsccw
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I am looking at this system also, minus the co2 Tank. Seems like the best Duel system deal out there (With Used Kegs).

Still comparing the sites.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:11 PM   #5
jglowe74
Recipes 

I just got the dual keg system (http://www.midwestsupplies.com/keggi...eg-system.html) from Midwest Supplies also and it was around $285. I inquired as to the price difference and was told this particular kit has a better quality regulator than the $255 dollar kit. I just got this today, but after a through scrubbing, all the kegs are leak-free & in good working order

Patience is key to good beer. A large supply is key to good patience. :D