Small refrigerator to fit 6.5 gal carboy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mspace

Reaction score
I do not have a basement or a good location in my home to keep the fermentation temps under control come summer. Does anyone know of a refridgerator that will fit a 6.5 gallon carboy? I would prefer one powered by thermoelectric rather than compressor, but with the luck I have been having, at this point I'll take anything :D

Thanks,

-Space

chest freezers with a temp controller does the trick. Or ive seen people build the fermentation cabinets (insulated wooden box with an air conditioner) Thermo electric is really only used to keep six packs of cans 10 degrees below ambiant temperature.

The wine cabinet units are usually a little larger than the typical mini fridge and have a more precise thermostat, but are still smaller than the chest freezers. A good option for those for whom space or portability is an issue, IMO.

Wine cabinet fridge works great and you can find them at garage sales and cl. The 30+ wine bottle fridge is perfect. I have found 3 of them in garage sales for $20-$30 each. Once crapped out pretty quickly but I am still way ahead of buying them new.

I'll third the wine cooler method. I have two Vissani coolers stacked with Rancos on each.

Awesome, thanks! The chest freezer idea would be great if not for the fact I have no room :) I will try the 30+wine fridge out. Any particular brand/model I should be looking for?

-Space

Back