Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > Delaware HomeBrew Forum > Delaware

Old 02-26-2013, 04:27 PM   #121
zaxsan
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Battle of the Brews is Delaware for sure, but War of the Worts is held each year by Keystone Hops. It is atleast local if not Delaware specific. War of the Worts is a large event.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:05 PM   #122
Indian_villager
Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Wilmington moved to Claymont.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #123
Mabus
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default Hi from Bear

Hi all. Got my first 5 gallon batch in the primary for two weeks. I really want to bottle, but decided to give it one more week. I think I joined FSB but I haven't been to a meeting yet. I plan on attending this month's at How Do You Brew. I'll probably pick up a carboy and some ingredients to brew more.

Cheers!

Old 09-15-2013, 05:29 PM   #124
WoodHokie4
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Newark homebrewer here. Been brewing about 4 +/- years...averaging about a batch a year, but plan to bump that up considerably soon.

I've been getting my supplies from How Do You Brew. Does anyone use another vendor that might be cheaper?
glick Likes This 
Old 09-16-2013, 11:41 AM   #125
Mabus
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Greetings. I'm in Bear. I've gotten some recipe kits from Northern Brewer and Austin Homebrew Supply. AHS kits have free shipping. If you subscribe or create an account with online suppliers you can pick up some deals on kits and other things via email. I've also purchased individual supplies and a kit from How Do You Brew. I hope others chime in because I'm kind of brewing on a budget and would love to find other resources.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:03 PM   #126
glick
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodHokie4 View Post
Newark homebrewer here. Been brewing about 4 +/- years...averaging about a batch a year, but plan to bump that up considerably soon.

I've been getting my supplies from How Do You Brew. Does anyone use another vendor that might be cheaper?
Annapolis homebrew is where I buy all of my stuff from. They are just over the bay bridge if you want to drive, but offer $7.95 flat rate shipping and if you order today you'll receive your package tomorrow. I can't speak highly enough of them.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:08 PM   #127
brettwasbtd
Awesomeness Award Winnner
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 104 Times on 76 Posts
Likes Given: 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by glick View Post
Annapolis homebrew is where I buy all of my stuff from. They are just over the bay bridge if you want to drive, but offer $7.95 flat rate shipping and if you order today you'll receive your package tomorrow. I can't speak highly enough of them.
This may be a rare case where the shipping cost is cheaper then driving. Bay Bridge toll $6 plus gas to an from is over $7.95! Morebeer also opened a warehouse on the east coast and offer free shipping over 59 or something like that.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:13 PM   #128
glick
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettwasbtd View Post
This may be a rare case where the shipping cost is cheaper then driving. Bay Bridge toll $6 plus gas to an from is over $7.95! Morebeer also opened a warehouse on the east coast and offer free shipping over 59 or something like that.
Haha, you are definitely right!! I only drive if there is something that I want right now and can't wait until tomorrow.

Old 09-20-2013, 12:24 AM   #129
WoodHokie4
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by glick View Post
Anapolis Homebrew seems to be on the higher end of the price range. Sure, they're cheaper on shipping than the other guys, but way over on their ingredients. I guess one plus to their side is they certainly seem to have their fair share of pre-made kits to choose from. Its been a while since i've been to HDYB, but I think they're cheaper than AH.

Old 09-21-2013, 12:37 PM   #130
knightnorth
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Annapolis all the way. I don't do the shipping. It's easier just to go out there. Not too far for a trip every now and then and a good area.

Annapolis has very knowledgable people. Cheaper than anyone else local. A large stock of supplies. Very friendly too. So, just the opposite of Extreme Brewing here in lower DE. I wouldn't buy a air stopper from Extreme just so they wouldn't get my money.

glick Likes This