Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South West USA > California HomeBrew Forum > Since we have a pile of Socal members

Old 03-05-2012, 12:55 AM   #31
jdjtexas
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Haha! Well since I'm gonna be in Monterey on the second sat this month I selfishly nominate the 4th sat of this month! As far as bringing in the beer well I guess we could swap bottles take them home and do the taste test in the comfort of our own homes.

The wife mention that maybe a picnic style meetup would benefit the family's a little better than a bar. Plus we could cook out. I got a haus pale ale in ferm a IIPA in secondary and a blonde I have had in bottles for 7 days do I'd vote April for a cook out. That way I could bring a few brews to let people try and give me feedback

Old 03-05-2012, 01:15 AM   #32
Skyland_Brewery
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

This sounds like a great idea. I am subscribing and if it goes I will be there.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:39 AM   #33
silverbrews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdjtexas
Haha! Well since I'm gonna be in Monterey on the second sat this month I selfishly nominate the 4th sat of this month! As far as bringing in the beer well I guess we could swap bottles take them home and do the taste test in the comfort of our own homes.

The wife mention that maybe a picnic style meetup would benefit the family's a little better than a bar. Plus we could cook out. I got a haus pale ale in ferm a IIPA in secondary and a blonde I have had in bottles for 7 days do I'd vote April for a cook out. That way I could bring a few brews to let people try and give me feedback
Still gone on that 4th Saturday sooooo what if we did the last Saturday of every month? It would technically be the 4th Saturday most months but in March it would be the 5th. That way we have all sorts of time to build the hype for this event?

BBQ sounds great! That could be reason enough to host at someone's home. As I said before I volunteer to host all of you weirdos at my place but I live in Vista so as long as most of you dont mind the drive to North County, I'm good with it.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:54 AM   #34
jdjtexas
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Last Saturday of every month... Perfect. I like the idea of house or park. Park is better for me sometimes cause I got a little walking tornado in the house. So let's decided on a place by the 15 th and whatever is decided lets make it happen.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:55 AM   #35
mountainman619
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Picnic sounds great too. Just gotta keep the bottles on the lo-lo around the po-po. Speaking of..... has anyone seen or heard Toby Kieth's 'Red Solo Cup' song? Look it up on youtube.

Anyhow, picnic's are cool, but only once in a while. I'm down for rotating Escondido, Carlsbad and central SD spots. That way we can sample taps around the County and people in Temecula or OC ^ don't get totally hosed.

I like the idea of bringing a brew, but I am certainly not worthy.

And I can do any day of the week/month.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:57 AM   #36
jdjtexas
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

My vote goes to either obriens or tap house for the 1 st meet

Old 03-05-2012, 02:59 AM   #37
jdjtexas
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Err room*

Old 03-05-2012, 05:41 AM   #38
silverbrews
Recipes 

Keeshond you seem Ike the other obligatory leader of this thread.....let me know your thoughts

Old 03-05-2012, 06:31 AM   #39
keesh
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Well I'm not much of a leader, but if I had to comment I'd say personally I'd like to do more of a BBQ thing since that way people can bring food and beer, whereas going to a bar you would need to order food and beer. The latter doesn't really seem like a homebrew meetup, more like a bunch of dudes hanging out (which isn't necessarily a bad thing). If we did do a BBQ, I'd be willing to throw down for paper plates and dixie cups so the host wouldn't be stuck with a pile of dishes. Hell, I'd even bring my charcoal grill if needed.

In any case, I'm down for anything, though I'll be out of town for my mom's birthday on the 24/25th which is a Sat/Sun.

If I can get off whatever day we decide on (I work in a restaurant so I usually work weekends but this sounds like a worthy cause to take the day off for) I wouldn't mind being a DD, I drive a Jeep Cherokee so I could take along up to 4 other people from Central SD to Vista, which would be ideal since we could all chip in on gas (4.40 a gallon? are you ****in' kidding me?). It sounds like your place, silverbrews, is starting to look like the designated place, though Tom sounded like he was willing to host as well. The thing is that silverbrew's spot is closer to Orange County and LA, so that might make it a bit more likely for those folks to come and meet up. Tom is closer to me, being in Lemon Grove, so if I had to selfishly comment I'd say we should meet there (that way I could drink and have SWMBO pick me up) but I am willing to sacrifice for the good of the cause.

edit: also, funny you should call me keeshond, a friend of mine started calling me that (my nickname is keesh with a certain group of friends) when she was texting me and her phone autocorrected it to keeshond.

ninja edit 2: if this is really going down then I am glad I am brewing tomorrow, if all goes well I'll have 4 different beers to bring (my smash pale, pliny clone, kolsch, and tomorrow I will be doing biermuncher's centennial blonde)
On deck - EdWort's Haus Pale

Old 03-05-2012, 04:20 PM   #40
jdjtexas
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

BBQ sounds great