Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Petite Saison

Old 02-21-2012, 02:40 PM   #1
louie0202
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Default Petite Saison

I was drinking a 2 year old aged Goose Island Sofie last night and thought, I would really like to make this for the summer. The style seems to be close to a Petite Saison. I found the following recipe on NB but from what I read that Petite Saison drys out literally to 1.00 and this recipe has an OG of 1.04 . Normally Sofie is 5.75 - 6% alcohol so I wanted to boost it 2% so I plugged in the ingredients from : http://www.northernbrewer.com/docume...titeSaison.pdf

Into Beersmith...but beersmith is stating that for a 5 gallon batch that is only 1.01. Thinking I might have made a mistake I went through the whole routine again. My question is I have made Revvy's Belgian Blonde, if I switch the yeast to Wyeast 3711 French Saison will that give me the style I am looking for since I know that is a tried and true recipe?

Thanks in advance.

Primary #1: French Saison (AG), Orval Clone (AG), The Number Eight (AG), Argentine Malbec, Belgian Blonde (AG)