Old 02-21-2012, 01:10 AM   #1
loftybrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default homemade pedio

Sooo.....
I am trying to digest lots and lots of info on this (to me) daunting task of lambik and sour brewing. I am just starting out brewing and really want to experiment/fail miserably/learn as much as I can.

NOW, I think I understand how to start a wild lacto from grain hulls for souring. I understand that it lives in grains the way wild yeasts live in wild grapes or helicobacter p. lives in our intestines. Can I make a homemade pedio starter?

Old 02-21-2012, 02:15 AM   #2
OddNotion
Recipes 

Likes Given: 5

Isn't that lacto that is in the grains?

Old 02-21-2012, 02:29 PM   #3
ryane
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftybrewer View Post
Sooo.....
I am trying to digest lots and lots of info on this (to me) daunting task of lambik and sour brewing. I am just starting out brewing and really want to experiment/fail miserably/learn as much as I can.

NOW, I think I understand how to start a wild lacto from grain hulls for souring. I understand that it lives in grains the way wild yeasts live in wild grapes or helicobacter p. lives in our intestines. Can I make a homemade pedio starter?
There is lots of other things on grain than lacto, youll likely have sacch, brett, and other oddball organisms there as well.

Why not just take a look at the sticky about capturing wild yeast/bugs? Your never going to have an exact on whats in your culture anyway