The Keg Fairy Paid Me a Visit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I_B_Mongo

Reaction score
kegs.jpg

Just had to brag a little. :ban:
48 total. Now I need to buy some o-rings in bulk from McMaster-Carr and get down to scrubbing.

Holy s**t man, I'm jealous! I was just thinking yesterday about buying a few more kegs... well you certainly have fulfilled my needs...just wrong garage, LOL! Good for you brother! I also agree with Milldoggy... How much for the couch? lol Just kidding around, nice stuff though!!!

Actually its a 1970's chair. And its SO comfortable, but the wife won't let me keep it in the house, so its in the brewery/basement. That's where I sit during brew days.You can see my el-cheap-o brew stand made of scrap 2x4s, but I brew electric, so no worries.

Heck yea, nice Man/brew cave! I'll have to get some pics o' mine and send em to ya. The highlight of my brew house furniture is a very heavy science class room table, complete with the stools. You know the ones that are made of a very hard, almost stone-like poly, that we couldn't burn or blow up? Works in my brew house as I heat with Propane, lol!

I just topped up to 12 and thought that was a lot. Thanks for giving me a goal to shoot for

Heck yea, nice Man/brew cave! I'll have to get some pics o' mine and send em to ya. The highlight of my brew house furniture is a very heavy science class room table, complete with the stools. You know the ones that are made of a very hard, almost stone-like poly, that we couldn't burn or blow up? Works in my brew house as I heat with Propane, lol!

Sounds good. I keep meaning to post some pics of my brewery-but never get around to it. I know that there are lots of setups that are a lot nicer than mine, but I'm still proud of what I've got.

66 5gallon kegs, 1 2.5 gallon keg, two 20#/ one 5#/and one 20oz co2 tanks, 3 tap kegerator, side-by-side temp controlled ferm chamber, commercial 3 bay SS sink w/ spray arm, barley crusher w 15# hopper, 5-12 gallon electric or propane powered, refractometer, 5.25 gallon bourbon barrel, 2 1/2bbl kegs for fermenters, 2 1/4 bbl kegs for fermenters and plenty of buckets and carboys, bench capper and more bottles than I know what to do with...
May have to post some pics some time...

Theres more kegs of all types in that picture than a keg shop or local pub!...seriously...whats the need for so many if you dont mind me asking?...do you sell them on or sell your beer?..how much beer do you make or drink!...the mind boggles just looking at all them kegs...am quite new to beer home brewing so forgive my line of thinking but to me that just looks a crazy amount of kegs for the average home brewer....you must drink some beer lol!.....wish you lived near me i would be visiting you quite regularly haha!...awesome pic!

...seriously...whats the need for so many if you dont mind me asking?...the mind boggles just looking at all them kegs...am quite new to beer home brewing so forgive my line of thinking but to me that just looks a crazy amount of kegs for the average home brewer....

The kegs in the front of the picture are the lot that I just recently bought. I got a decent deal on them, figured I'd keep some-sell the rest. The ones in the back ground to the left are my HLT, MLT, and BK. The ones stacked up I use for fermenters, and the the ones of the shelves are cornys I already had.

You can NEVER have too many kegs. I use them for beer and soda, and also have a few filled with water in my "emergency/disaster" room. Figured it would be easier to move 4 cornies than 20 1 gallon jugs of water.

Back