It was like making love again for the first time - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > It was like making love again for the first time

Old 05-26-2007, 10:31 PM   #1
popscube
Recipes 

Apr 2007

I cracked open my first batch of IPA. It had the right sound, the right texture, the right mouth feel and the right taste. Wow. I was breathless. Thank you for all your help. I'm sure I'll be asking more questions, as soon as I get my second batch started.

popscube

Old 05-26-2007, 10:35 PM   #2

Cheers!

I remember my first batch with fond memories. Looking back it wasn't nearly as good as I make now, but compared to everything else it was liquid gold! Your next difficult task is not drinking it all before your second batch is ready.

Projects: Sylvania Kegerator Conversion, Tower Cooling, Grain Milling Station

Old 05-26-2007, 10:39 PM   #3
rmullins
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2007
Long Island
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

I hope to be feeling the same feelings in a few weeks.. Just bottled my first batch (english brown ale) this morning and so far its looking pretty good.

Old 05-27-2007, 12:03 AM   #4
BlindLemonLars
Recipes 

May 2007
Liked 26 Times on 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by popscube
It was like making love again for the first time
I would humbly suggest, that if you find drinking beer to be ANYTHING like making love, you are doing one or the other incorrectly!!

Actually, I know exactly how you feel. It's a very satisfying thing, cracking open a bottle of homebrew and carefully pouring. I can remember my first time, the pleasing pop as I opened it, and the tiny wisp of vapor that was under the cap. I'm looking forward to experiencing it again, in about three weeks. (Bottling tomorrow!)

Old 05-27-2007, 12:15 AM   #5
Melana
Up to no good....

Recipes 

May 2007
Norfolk, MA
Liked 2470 Times on 1355 Posts

We too had our very home brewed beer last night... mmmmmmmmmmmmm good. Then we had a sample from batch # 2. Both our IPA and BlackWeiss were yummy!

It's a wonderful feeling...

Old 05-27-2007, 01:22 PM   #6
david_42

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Willamina & Oak Grove, Oregon, USA
Liked 151 Times on 142 Posts

Now that I think about it, my first homebrew and sex were similar. They were both so bad, it's amazing I ever tried a second time!

They got better.

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk