While it lasts special... 13gal Stainless Kettles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As some of you may remember we had our supplier send us '15 gallon' kettles and they ended up being closer to 13.5 gallons. Well we had about 10 left and decided to get them welded up. These come with the steamer insert that works great for BIAB and can easily be used as a false bottom.

We have (1) kettle with the horizontal config and (9) with the vertical config. $140 and as always free shipping on all kettles.

http://spikebrewing.com/13gal_kettles

-Ben

I just ordered the horizontal fitting one. Will be my first try at home brewing can't wait to get it.

i ordered one. Free shipping makes it a pretty good deal.

13 gallon is what I needed! :)

Thanks!

There's 2 couplers, not one. Horizontal and vertical is just how they are mounted in relation to each other - on top of each other or next to each other

Got it today as promised. This thing is beefy and looks great. Thanks again.

Ha beefy, I like it.

You wouldn't believe how many times per day I get someone telling me that 1mm is "so thin". They tell me about the 4mm kettle they found. I need to explain how that's Al and will dent even if you look at it wrong, compared to the SS which is "beefy"!!

/rant

Happy Brewing!! :mug:

question:

What type of dip tube can I order for this kettle? Or should I go with a diptube and false bottom?

Wonderful kettle! :)

I am glad I ordered this one, it can fit on my stove (natural gas).. I haven't found a plumber to route a gas line to my garage yet. :(

Dumb question- you have two holes in them? Or are the holes plugged? I want to add a ball valve but not a thermometer. I can't "see" what they would be like without the thermometer in the picture.

question:

What type of dip tube can I order for this kettle? Or should I go with a diptube and false bottom?

Wonderful kettle! :)

I am glad I ordered this one, it can fit on my stove (natural gas).. I haven't found a plumber to route a gas line to my garage yet. :(

Dip tubes and false bottoms are on my list of things to put together. A Bazooka screen would work well. Jay at NorCal also has many false bottoms.

Dumb question- you have two holes in them? Or are the holes plugged? I want to add a ball valve but not a thermometer. I can't "see" what they would be like without the thermometer in the picture.

I have kettles with 1 and 2 holes. The 20 and 25gal kettles all have 2 holes but could be plugged with a SS plug for ~$4.

Back