Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Mead Forum > I am now a Mead brewer

Old 10-21-2005, 09:08 PM   #1
Waldo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default I am now a Mead brewer

Just ordered a sweet mead kit from Northern Brewers, I have 4 batches of Beer at various stages, and my primary will soon be empty so I am gonna fill it with mead. As long as my beer turns out ok I'll be set for a while in that department, so I figured I have some free time for brewing a mead. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-27-2005, 09:46 PM   #2
Waldo

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Brewed the mead yesterday and its chugging along nicely. I has just a hint of a krausen but its mostly clear on top, there is a constant stream of bubbles breaking the surface looks a bit like alka-seltzer bubbling away. The smell is fantastic!

Old 10-28-2005, 12:26 AM   #3
Windaria
Recipes 

Too late I know but still... when you boil it, skim the foam off the top as that tends to contain the waxes and the like that get into unfiltered honey.

Otherwise dang, I envy you. I keep hoping to get a mead started here... <sighs>