Gas Distributor Opinions Please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shmEk

Reaction score
I am looking to split my gas in line 6 ways in the future. Your opinions on the distributors here if you have used one or the other. Please state any problems or quality concerns you have had with leaks etc. Thanks for the replies!

1) http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=54

2) http://morebeer.com/view_product/16391/102238/Gas_Manifold_-_6_Way

I am leaning toward the #1 style because I kinda like the one long tube more, but it also seems if there was a problem the sectional "morebeer" unit could have pluses too because I could remove any single disfunctional unit or even add on possibly in the future.

No on the morebeer. Every one of my valves has gone bad, either leaking or a defective one way valve. As they wont sell you just a valve, your only recourse is to buy another section or different valve.

I like b3 generally, but this product is a complete dud.

I have a six-way distributor similar to the kegconnection model, using ball valves with integrated check valves. It was easily mounted to a sleeper glued to the lid of my keezer. No problems in almost a full year of use.
ab_jun_24_2011_23.jpg

If you needed to replace one of the ball valves, they would just screw out of the aluminum manifold...

Cheers!

I'm using two manifolds from Keg Connection... One 3 port and one two port, in my brew fridge. Both work as expected, without issue. My only 'complaint' could be that they don't offer them with MFL connections on the in-port. That would make it even better (hard to do, but true) since you could then use hose with swivel nuts making it easier to tweak as needed. Granted, most people don't do that once it's all setup, I just like to have options.

Either way, next manifold (as well as ones beyond that) will come from Keg Connection.

BTW, I use the red gas hose/line that they sell for almost all the gas hoses I have. Only one exception, and that's probably going to be changed over pretty soon.

fwiw, I removed the "in" barb and installed a brass MPT to MFL elbow to accommodate a swivel nut/barb fitting, while also turning the corner to alleviate what would have been a tight fit.

For the gas lines I use braided Tygon, as it stays nicely flexible even when near freezing temperature...

Cheers!

I have 2 of the keg connection ones, attached to each other to make a 4 port manifold. Never had a single issue, in fact I've been very happy with the quality of all of keg connection's equipment. Would recommend them to anyone.

Awesome feedback.... really helps. Very much appreciated. I too, am planning on keeping MFL connections as an option since all my lines have these already. So that suggestion about adding your on in the "in" line is well taken. That very practical image was very helpful too day_tripper....thanks!

I'll have to order real soon :)

Hi Day Tripper:
I like your Keezer setup. We are in the process of making one. Would you be willing to email me some pictures of yours and the steps you took. I really don't want to take the lid off and put 2x4's in between. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. My email is [email protected]

Haven't been able to follow HBT for a while as we've been roaming around Italy for two weeks with a non-GSM phone, and wifi access has been surprisingly spotty. So I'll be happy to post up some pics - once I get home from our travels...

Cheers!

Back