Was looking forward to bottling my IPA today and had nothing but troubles racking off the secondary! I thought I'd try and screen the beer with a cheese bag over the cane to help get the suspended hops out. I contemplated over this all day yesterday, and wish I had chosen not to do it! It started off fine, but as I got down towards the bottom, my flow stopped. Had to remove the cane, take the hop bag off, sanatize and start the siphon over again. By this time I had stirred up the hop mess that had settled out.
I ended up getting 4 3/4 gallon of beer out of it, but when the siphoned started up again, it shot a hose full of air into the beer.
Hopefully, the shot of air doesn't mess things up.
I finally got everything into the bucket, and let it settle for about 45 minutes.
The directions call for 3.5-4 oz of sugar.. depending on yield. So I opted for around 3.7 oz.. I hope this is enough for carbonation.
I know everyone says that your worst beer days tend to be the best beers you brew, so I'm hoping for the best! This beer has been troublesome since the begining.