Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > The things I do to brew...

Old 02-15-2012, 02:34 AM   #1
jcotner45
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default The things I do to brew...

So I recently got this great idea to install a utility sink in my garage where my all grain setup is. So I go buy the sink, I open up the wall and then the fun begins. I cut all the existing PVC out and began to tie in to the copper for my water lines. This went off without a hitch. I began to start cutting my PVC and running my drain lines and think things are going well and get my project finished....at least I think its finished! I put the sink in place and run the water and dont forget this drain and supply is also running to our washing machine. Anyways, the thing starts leaking in about a half a dozen places!! I figure out that the jackass that installed the drain originally has jerry rigged it so bad that I now cant get the damn thing to seal at all!! Well to make a long story short...I ended spending about 100 bucks on crap to fix the issue, I had to hammer out about 3 inches of my foundation to get to the original steel drain pipe to tie into it and im frickin exhausted....this all in the name of home brewing!!! God I must love beer.

P.S. My wife had a mountain laundry too but we are drinking a home brew and laughing about it now.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:23 AM   #2
Colonel_Forbin
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

This sadly sounds like something that will happen to me when I try to put that utility sink in my garage/man cave.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:25 AM   #3
Euphist
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 32

If it was rigged that badly, you would have found it eventually...and probably at the worst possible time!
jcotner45 Likes This