Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Winners Drawn!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Commercial beers that let you down?
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2012, 03:17 AM   #121
jonmohno
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Corn, High Fructose Corn Fortress, IA
Posts: 5,848
Liked 415 Times on 366 Posts
Likes Given: 1227

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover556 View Post
I agree. To me Stella tastes like skunk water! Id rather drink cheap malt liquer than a Stella.
Try it in a can once. I hated it in bottle,having it at home poured from a can was a better experience,at least for me.


jonmohno is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:42 AM   #122
bottlebomber
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ukiah, CA
Posts: 14,326
Liked 2716 Times on 2101 Posts
Likes Given: 372

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by morticus
I will have to give it a try. I'm always down to try any beer at least once. I don't mind chinooks, but prefer simcoe. I'm mainly a Rogue and Deschutes fan.
See that's funny because I think Rogue makes some funky beers. A like some of them, but others are just wack. They should be brought up on criminal charges for the Voodoo Doughnut.


bottlebomber is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:52 AM   #123
morticus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 292
Liked 98 Times on 53 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber

See that's funny because I think Rogue makes some funky beers. A like some of them, but others are just wack. They should be brought up on criminal charges for the Voodoo Doughnut.
Yes agreed. I haven't tried the Voodoo Doughnut beer, and don't have to, to know its probably gross. But I love their Dead Guy, and Hazelnut Nectar. I think my all time favorite beer is their Mogul Madness.
morticus is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:06 AM   #124
bottlebomber
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ukiah, CA
Posts: 14,326
Liked 2716 Times on 2101 Posts
Likes Given: 372

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by morticus

Yes agreed. I haven't tried the Voodoo Doughnut beer, and don't have to, to know its probably gross. But I love their Dead Guy, and Hazelnut Nectar. I think my all time favorite beer is their Mogul Madness.
Dead Guy is excellent. I haven't been able to try those others you mentioned. I've seen the hazelnut nectar, I'll have to grab it next time. I've been wanting to try the double dead guy.
bottlebomber is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:12 AM   #125
Evan_L
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Willimantic, CT
Posts: 464
Liked 78 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 69

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
You'd probably like the 12.21.12. I'm not a huge stone fan either and since I hate Chinook hops I'm not crazy about AB or DB but I did really enjoy that beer.
Ahhh forgot about this one. Had seen the 12.12.12 online and finally found it in the local packy, what a bummer. Great idea but the roasted pepper flavor just didn't sit well with me. I can see how someone else might be totally about it but it's not my bag.
Evan_L is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:16 AM   #126
morticus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 292
Liked 98 Times on 53 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber

Dead Guy is excellent. I haven't been able to try those others you mentioned. I've seen the hazelnut nectar, I'll have to grab it next time. I've been wanting to try the double dead guy.
Not sure where you're from but you usually can't Mogul Madness at the store. Lately Ive only been able to find it at Rogues Brewery. There might be some bottle shops that carry it. It's an awesome winter ale that I think rivals Deschutes Jubelale.
morticus is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:29 AM   #127
dienst
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 7
Likes Given: 4

Default

Any Sam Adams beer. I don't like their use of hops. I have tried their seasonals and can't find one that I would want to have.

Stella in the green bottles always tastes skunky to me.

Imports don't have the same taste that they had near the brewery. I refuse to drink beer imported from Europe because it is either old or improperly stored and transported.
dienst is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:23 PM   #128
bottlebomber
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ukiah, CA
Posts: 14,326
Liked 2716 Times on 2101 Posts
Likes Given: 372

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan_L
Ahhh forgot about this one. Had seen the 12.12.12 online and finally found it in the local packy, what a bummer. Great idea but the roasted pepper flavor just didn't sit well with me. I can see how someone else might be totally about it but it's not my bag.
No not the Vertical Epic, the Enjoy By IPA. I had the 11.11.11 Vertical Epic, the Anaheim chili one and I agree that it was nasty. I had to almost put a clothespin on my nose to choke it down. This is the one:
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/147/84596
bottlebomber is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:23 PM   #129
drainbamage
In ur base, drinkin' ur beers
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
drainbamage's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Alexandria, KY
Posts: 3,480
Liked 1200 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 2091

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
No not the Vertical Epic, the Enjoy By IPA. I had the 11.11.11 Vertical Epic, the Anaheim chili one and I agree that it was nasty. I had to almost put a clothespin on my nose to choke it down. This is the one:
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/147/84596
I haven't had the 11-11-11 yet (got a bottle aging), but I haven't been able to enjoy a single chili beer yet. Something about the mouthfeel combined with the heat just doesn't sit well with me (comes off too oily...or something). Which is weird, considering I could (and usually do) eat spicy food every day.
drainbamage is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:38 PM   #130
25518
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 428
Liked 30 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Hello?


25518 is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What commercial beers are in your 'fridge? dantodd Commercial Brew Discussion 446 03-06-2015 11:20 AM
Aging commercial beers mccann51 Commercial Brew Discussion 11 12-10-2011 07:56 PM
Commercial Single Hop Beers slowbie Commercial Brew Discussion 23 04-07-2010 02:54 PM
What commercial beers are you having for thanksgiving? BeerPressure Commercial Brew Discussion 18 11-30-2009 11:46 PM
Commercial Cellar Worthy Beers talleymonster Commercial Brew Discussion 1 10-01-2007 04:59 AM


Forum Jump

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS