HBT 2015 Big Giveaway - This is it - Final Weekend to Enter!

Huge Supporting Membership Discounts - 20% Off - Final Weekend!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > TV Shows you've given up on.

Old 02-13-2012, 03:15 PM   #1
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2839 Times on 1686 Posts
Likes Given: 3499

Default TV Shows you've given up on.

A bunch of us are complaining about how downright boring and disappointing the "Walking Dead" has become. And I was just looking at my Hulu queue I noticed that I have 4 episodes of Fringe on there, one about to expire that I just can't motivate myself to watch.

I've fallen out of love with that show a couple time since the first season, when it's individual episodes with some creepy phenomena (like the x files) it's interesting, but when they focus on the "mystery" and the alternative dimension plot it's boring, and I can't get into it.

Same with Alcatraz I watched the first 3 episodes, kinda liked it but the last couple weeks I haven't bothered. Nothing has sucked me in about it.

Then I think about something like Battlestar Galactica, that except for a couple laggy periods where my life got in the way (but I later caught back up online) the series held my attention pretty much through the entire run.

I'm still holding out for Walking Dead, ONLY I think, because it's about zombies and the zombiepocalypse, so it's compelling enough to, since I never read the comics, to see where it goes.

So what shows have jumped the shark in your own mind? What shows did you really like initially that just sort of slipped out of your awareness? Why?

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 02-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #2
rexbanner
Recipes 

Liked 96 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 91

Walking Dead blows. In fact, pretty much all TV sucks. I seriously would pay money to punch any of the people from the Big Bang Theory. Modern Family is terrible and even Sofia Vergera's boobs don't redeem it. A friend and I watched Parks and Rec and didn't laugh a single time, not even a smile. My theory is that Netflix and Hulu has made it so that so many people are desperate to find new **** to watch, they will watch pretty much anything.

I did like some TV. Arrested Development, Office UK, Seinfeld, The Sopranos. Great shows with brilliant writing. I still like the Daily Show from time to time, and Kitchen Nightmares is good.

Crooked Run Brewing: Traditional ales, local ingredients

Old 02-13-2012, 03:30 PM   #3
TxBrew
Der Administrator
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 1964 Times on 653 Posts
Likes Given: 891

Fringe, Breaking Bad, two right of the top of my head but I give up on a lot of shows.

Old 02-13-2012, 03:37 PM   #4
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2839 Times on 1686 Posts
Likes Given: 3499

Good to know I'm not the only one with fringe.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 02-13-2012, 03:40 PM   #5
ArcaneXor
Recipes 

Liked 103 Times on 95 Posts
Likes Given: 30

I gave up on Fringe after 4 or 5 episodes. I also stopped watching CSI a few seasons ago, and never watched the final season of 24. Thinking of dropping True Blood as well - turning too much into a suckfest (pun intended) for fangirls.

Old 02-13-2012, 03:41 PM   #6
onthekeg
Recipes 

Liked 78 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I'm getting sick of channels.
History isn't History anymore. Its all about reality shows, Pawn Stars, Pickers, etc.
They should change the name to Current Event TV.
Storage Wars is so predictable. If they want reality, why are they planting something in there to see who makes the most money! BS that they find jewels and other expensive items each time. I am sure many people are jumping on the auction bandwagon to get rich now.
All the gator/swamp people/hog killing shows are redonkulous.

Old 02-13-2012, 03:43 PM   #7
WhineinAlbany
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Fringe, Dexter, and Chuck. If Trueblood continues with the Bill and Eric love triangle with Sookie,I'll be axing that off my watch list. I remember Alan Ball making fun of Twilight cause of that type of crap and look what he's doing now ...

Old 02-13-2012, 03:48 PM   #8
WhineinAlbany
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthekeg
I'm getting sick of channels.
History isn't History anymore. Its all about reality shows, Pawn Stars, Pickers, etc.
They should change the name to Current Event TV.
Storage Wars is so predictable. If they want reality, why are they planting something in there to see who makes the most money! BS that they find jewels and other expensive items each time. I am sure many people are jumping on the auction bandwagon to get rich now.
All the gator/swamp people/hog killing shows are redonkulous.
You might want to check out Flying Wild Alaska. Probably the most genuine reality out there now. The daughter is kind of a dizz but easy on the eyes for male viewers.

Old 02-13-2012, 03:48 PM   #9
rjsnau
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I still like Big Bang Theory alot. I feel like Modern Family has really gone down this season. I have always liked Modern Marvels but I haven't seen any good new ones on my Tivo recently. On that note, our Tivo died yesterday and I am really trying to consider if it is worth replacing. Maybe cancel cable and go the netflix route.

Old 02-13-2012, 03:50 PM   #10
Frankiesurf

Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 34

I would have to say NY Jets football. Its not that I won't watch but Sanchez sometimes make me sick, not to mention throw things at the TV.