Morning jog - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Morning jog

Old 10-21-2005, 01:33 AM   #1
sudsmonkey

Recipes 

May 2005
Deepest, darkest Eastern NC
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Life is so peaceful here on the farm. I get up when the rooster crows and start coffee for me and the Mrs. This morning, a neighbor called just about dawn and told me two of my horses were in her yard. They'd eaten a bag of horsefeed, a half bag of chicken feed, and a bale of hay between them. Mrs. Monkey and I went over to get them. These are our older horses, the ones that you don't have to catch. This morning, they decided to be somebody else. I had the pleasure of jogging two miles before dawn today because these two didn't want to go home. Went through woods and fields. Managed to pass the house and wake the Kids up. They weren't much help. Horses finally went home on their own. I managed to get to work only 10 minutes late. Horses didn't die today from eating too much fed. I owe the neighbor $15 for the feed. Maybe we'll try it again tomorrow. I need the exercise.

Old 10-21-2005, 01:41 AM   #2
El Pistolero

Recipes 

May 2005
Houston, Baja Oklahoma
Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts

Same thing happened to me the other morning. Only it wasn't horses, it was a poodle. And it wasn't two miles, just across two yards. And I don't think he stole any horse or chicken feed...maybe some cat feed tho. Other than that it was just the same...tiring isn't it?
Primary - NOT Wheat AG SNCA (5/5)
Secondary -
Conditioning - SNCA Clone (3/3),

Old 10-21-2005, 01:44 AM   #3
Sir Sudster

Recipes 

May 2005
Buda, Tx
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudsmonkey
Life is so peaceful here on the farm. I get up when the rooster crows and start coffee for me and the Mrs. This morning, a neighbor called just about dawn and told me two of my horses were in her yard. They'd eaten a bag of horsefeed, a half bag of chicken feed, and a bale of hay between them. Mrs. Monkey and I went over to get them. These are our older horses, the ones that you don't have to catch. This morning, they decided to be somebody else. I had the pleasure of jogging two miles before dawn today because these two didn't want to go home. Went through woods and fields. Managed to pass the house and wake the Kids up. They weren't much help. Horses finally went home on their own. I managed to get to work only 10 minutes late. Horses didn't die today from eating too much fed. I owe the neighbor $15 for the feed. Maybe we'll try it again tomorrow. I need the exercise.
$15 plus tax

Old 10-21-2005, 01:48 AM   #4
sudsmonkey

Recipes 

May 2005
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Can't forget that tax ! P. , A poodle counts as livestock. When the knucklehead ( Nice, non-profane description, huh?) won't come when you call him, you still deal with the frustration of it. Did you get to jog ?
Oh, yeah; Poodles are good eatin', I hear. Did that with some goats we had that were getting out. Set a very good example for the others!

Old 10-21-2005, 01:54 AM   #5
El Pistolero

Recipes 

May 2005
Houston, Baja Oklahoma

Quote:
Did you get to jog ?
Yep got to jog, and got to do a broad jump across the fence that Rita knocked down (yes dear I know it's been three weeks...I'm getting to it).

Quote:
Oh, yeah; Poodles are good eatin', I hear. Did that with some goats we had that were getting out. Set a very good example for the others!
We've only got one poodle, which limits somewhat the effectiveness of that particular technique.
Secondary -

Old 10-21-2005, 01:58 AM   #6
sudsmonkey

Recipes 

May 2005
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Like the story of the pig with the wooden leg: You don't eat a poodle like that all at once.
Or: Richard Pryor's Miss Rudolph, who wore a monkey foot around her neck and had a three legged monkey who didn't give her no sh*t.
One example is all it takes for some animals. How do you like your horse cooked ?

Old 10-21-2005, 02:02 AM   #7
Walker
I use secondaries. :p
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2005
Cary, NC
Liked 101 Times on 89 Posts

yeah.. just take the ear. the dog will get the point.

-walker

Old 10-21-2005, 02:03 AM   #8
Sir Sudster

Recipes 

May 2005
Buda, Tx
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Can't forget that tax ! P. , A poodle counts as livestock. When the knucklehead ( Nice, non-profane description, huh?) won't come when you call him, you still deal with the frustration of it. Did you get to jog ?
My neice has got a farm in Maine. Lots of live stock. One day a goose pecked her in the ars and she turned around and told it , the next time it did that she would ring its neck and cook it. Well, for some reason this goose was hard of hearing and decided to get him another piece of her back side. She turned around on the spot and ringed its neck. Next thing you know she's in the house plukin the someb*tch. You can only take so much.

Old 10-21-2005, 02:06 AM   #9
El Pistolero

Recipes 

May 2005
Houston, Baja Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudster
My neice has got a farm in Maine. Lots of live stock. One day a goose pecked her in the ars and she turned around and told it , the next time it did that she would ring its neck and cook it. Well, for some reason this goose was hard of hearing and decided to get him another piece of her back side. She turned around on the spot and ringed its neck. Next thing you know she's in the house plukin the someb*tch. You can only take so much.
Your neice is brave...a charging goose for some reason scares the pee right out of me.
Secondary -

Old 10-21-2005, 02:08 AM   #10
Sir Sudster

Recipes 

May 2005
Buda, Tx
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

You and Me both. She'd had enough and the goose was crawdadin when she went after it. LMOF!