Brewing in Toledo, Ohio - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes Homebrew Forum > Brewing in Toledo, Ohio

Old 06-11-2012, 01:02 AM   #11
Jakeintoledo
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2012
toledo, oh
Liked 24 Times on 17 Posts

Also in South Toledo, on the border between a nice clean-cut neighborhood and the rough neighborhood down the way @ Western.

Titgemeiers is DEFINITELY the ****. Tom (I think is the owner's name) is very knowledgeable, very approachable on matters relating to home brew, and definitely the guy to go to.

I try to drive all my business in buying gear and materials his way. I made the mistake of buying a grain mill from a guy at the shop in Dundee, MI, who acted like I was interrupting his basement wank-a-thon session or something to pop $130 on a grain mill, and I was instantly disappointed I didn't go see Tom instead.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:21 AM   #12
lou2row
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2009
NW Ohio, Ohio
Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeintoledo View Post
Also in South Toledo, on the border between a nice clean-cut neighborhood and the rough neighborhood down the way @ Western.

Titgemeiers is DEFINITELY the ****. Tom (I think is the owner's name) is very knowledgeable, very approachable on matters relating to home brew, and definitely the guy to go to.

I try to drive all my business in buying gear and materials his way. I made the mistake of buying a grain mill from a guy at the shop in Dundee, MI, who acted like I was interrupting his basement wank-a-thon session or something to pop $130 on a grain mill, and I was instantly disappointed I didn't go see Tom instead.
Jake, I made the same mistake, but got out without buying anything. The kid barely raised his face from texting on his phone, and then got snotty when I asked a couple nooby questions. Have not been back, and have bought at Titge's several times.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:09 PM   #13
Fiziks
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Toledo, Ohio
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Newer brewer here. Mostly brew extract batches with a friend of mine. Just did my first all grain batch this weekend. Good to see others in the area doing this hobby.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:01 PM   #14
cbmikey
Recipes 

Jan 2012
Lemoyne, OH
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

hello Fiziks... where are you in the Toledo area?

Old 08-08-2012, 12:03 PM   #15
Fiziks
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Toledo, Ohio
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I live just outside of Point Place near the Meijer on Alexis Rd.

Old 08-12-2012, 01:23 AM   #16
Jakeintoledo
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2012
toledo, oh
Liked 24 Times on 17 Posts

South end right on the border to Maume, here. I'm fortunate enough to live ten minutes away from Titgemeiers.

Primary: Privateer English Pale Ale
Kegged: VEE HAFF VAYS AUF MAKING YOU TALK LOUDLY Dunkel
Bottled: Pacific Pride (American) Pale Ale

Old 11-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #17
Clipper
Recipes 

Feb 2009
Sylvania Ohio

After going back and forth for about a year now I'm ready to take the plunge anyone have time to help a rookie get started, I'd be willing to buy a few rounds in exchange for some advice.

Reason: Gramm

Old 11-29-2012, 08:48 PM   #18
cbmikey
Recipes 

Jan 2012
Lemoyne, OH
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Ask away neighbor. We're all here to help!

Old 11-30-2012, 04:11 PM   #19
ToledoBeer
Recipes 

Jan 2012
Toledo, Oh
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Yeah let me know what advice you need. Or just go to Titgemeiers and ask them they are pretty knowledgeable.

cbmikey Likes This 
Old 12-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #20
Dolomieu
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Liked 103 Times on 87 Posts

I'm in central ohio these days but from the carey, oh area. there is a homebrew club up that way, MALTZ i believe. though the are based out of the marion area i think. There has to be a toledo/bg/findlay area homebrew club, right?

There is also bootleggers out in bg. never been there but have heard good things.

If you are going to make a drive to the state up north you might as well pass that place in dundee and find home brew adventures. You will drool, and the people are great. I stop on the rare occurrence i have to drive to traverse city for work.

if there isn't a homebrew club up there, someone should organize one. SODZ here in columbus, helps work all the beer festivals, has competitions, and is a great place to share and talk homebrew.

I do miss NW ohio