Looking for Stainless Tri-Bottom Kettles? See Inside for Best Prices on the Web...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We are slowly building up stock of the tri-bottom kettles. Right now we can get 15, 20 and 25 gallon sizes. We'll be getting 8 and 10 gallon in soon (if there's demand so let us know). We'll also be listing these kettles with TIG welded fittings soon :rockin:

www.spikebrewing.com

Questions, comments, concerns let me know!

Ben
[email protected]

Will you guys also be offering the steamer trays for these like you have on the single layer kettles? I'm looking for a 20 gallon kettle with two welded fittings and the steamer tray so I can use it for BIAB.

Will you guys also be offering the steamer trays for these like you have on the single layer kettles? I'm looking for a 20 gallon kettle with two welded fittings and the steamer tray so I can use it for BIAB.

ditto on this except I want 10 gallon

These kettles do not come with the trays but I'll do some measuring and see if the single layer kettle steamer trays will work with the new kettles.

HOWEVER personally if you plan on using BIAB I don't see any advantage in going for the much more expensive tri-bottom kettles.

My only reasoning for the more expensive kettle was to get 20gal size. If you have the single layer in a 20g with the fittings and tray I'll buy it right now. It was either you or buy a bayou classic. I would much rather purchase from you and support the community.

I don't follow your logic on BIAB. Please explain.

Well there are only 2 advantages to the tri-bottom kettles that I have ever heard.
1) The tri-bottom kettle is flat and therefore can be used on induction stove tops
2) The tri-bottom spreads the heat more evenly across the bottom due to the Al core and helps to prevent scorching. I've done plenty of testing and have shown that the single layer is all you need. Customers like to spend more money than they have to :)p) on tri-bottom kettles and Blichmann kettles so we figured we'd offer them that style of kettle but at a less expensive price; as always.

My only reasoning for the more expensive kettle was to get 20gal size. If you have the single layer in a 20g with the fittings and tray I'll buy it right now. It was either you or buy a bayou classic. I would much rather purchase from you and support the community.

I will be getting more 20gal kettles in this week but they will not have the steamer tray insert. However the new kettles are more tall than wide which should reduce boil off. I'll be listing them on the site in a week or so but feel free to email me if you want more specs and such now.

Ben
[email protected]

Blichmanns aren't even clad bottom, just a single layer of SS.
Wort isn't thick enough to scorch - be careful if/when adding extract tho (and obviously if you direct fire mash)

Blichmanns aren't even clad bottom, just a single layer of SS.
Wort isn't thick enough to scorch - be careful if/when adding extract tho (and obviously if you direct fire mash)

See how the bottom isn't flat in this pic?

BE15GAL.jpg

I always figured that was a plate of Al. So I'm guessing it's a recess for liquid to pool up for use with a false bottom? Sorry to anyone that has bought a Blichmann but it's the same thickness as most retailers' kettles out there, doesn't look like it has welded fittings and somehow costs $200 more than other kettles? I don't get it...

can the 10 gal size actually boil 10 gallons or would I have to look into a 15 gallon size?

The current 5 gallon one I bought from a chain store only boils about 4 and a1/4 safely.

yep, the bottom is stepped for their (very nice) false bottoms to rest on, but they aren't clad

can the 10 gal size actually boil 10 gallons or would I have to look into a 15 gallon size?

The current 5 gallon one I bought from a chain store only boils about 4 and a1/4 safely.

get 15-20 gallon for 10g batches

Do you have the steamer tray for the 10 gallon size in the single thickness? I was about to buy a bayou classic 44 qt, but you're pricing with the couplers already included is great, just would like the steamer tray if possible.

These kettles do not come with the trays but I'll do some measuring and see if the single layer kettle steamer trays will work with the new kettles.
HOWEVER personally if you plan on using BIAB I don't see any advantage in going for the much more expensive tri-bottom kettles.

Do you have 20 gal single-layer-bottom SS kettles with two welded-in 1/2" fittings? I'd probably go for one of those since I'm planning to scale up my BIAB setup.

Do you have the steamer tray for the 10 gallon size in the single thickness? I was about to buy a bayou classic 44 qt, but you're pricing with the couplers already included is great, just would like the steamer tray if possible.

I don't have trays for the 10gals

Do you have 20 gal single-layer-bottom SS kettles with two welded-in 1/2" fittings? I'd probably go for one of those since I'm planning to scale up my BIAB setup.

I will be getting 20 and 25gal kettles in this week. They'll be going to the welder and should be ready within a week. Check the site or email me and we can get you hooked up with one.

Back