When is it mine to name? - Page 4 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > When is it mine to name?

Old 04-22-2012, 11:55 AM   #31
spearko520
Recipes 

Dec 2011
allentown, PA
Liked 57 Times on 55 Posts

understated plagiarism can be a very valuable thing- for example, I recently read a ripped copy of catcher in the rye, the only difference being that the protagonist was named CAUlden HOfield, and the book was surprisingly like a ten times better read. My father once said "you only get to name it if comes from your wife's VJ," but take that with a grain of salt, since that guy my not actually be my dad...

Old 04-22-2012, 12:41 PM   #32
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Apr 2009
☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Liked 6633 Times on 3920 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearko520 View Post
understated plagiarism can be a very valuable thing- for example, I recently read a ripped copy of catcher in the rye, the only difference being that the protagonist was named CAUlden HOfield, and the book was surprisingly like a ten times better read. My father once said "you only get to name it if comes from your wife's VJ," but take that with a grain of salt, since that guy my not actually be my dad...
heh heh.

Old 04-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #33
Bernie Brewer
Grouchy Old Fart
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2006
Eldorado, WI
Liked 146 Times on 57 Posts

It is yours as soon as you brew it. If you feel you must give your source some credit, then go ahead, but you get top billing.

"Why don't we get drunk and screw?" Jimmy Buffett