Ahh... :) - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Ahh... :)
Cool Brewing Giveaway - Supporting Membership Drive & Discount

Old 05-23-2007, 02:54 AM   #1
Rook
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2007
Bothell, WA
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Just had to share.

Its a beautiful late may sunset that I can see from my chair on my patio while I'm about 15 minutes into my boil of the_bird's Murder in the Red Barn. I've got a cold beer next to me and good music playing.

Nothing to complain about in the world.

word to weeknight brewers!

Old 05-23-2007, 03:19 AM   #3
Rook

Recipes 

Jan 2007
Bothell, WA
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Brewtopia, I'd love to! Did I read correctly that you're in an apartment now and limited in your brewing capabilities? I've got a condo and a little more room. Right now I use a 3gal MLT for partial mash's. I'd love to have a pro like you come over and show me how its done. I'm about to leave for NY for a few weeks, but I'll PM you when I get back.

Old 05-23-2007, 03:26 AM   #4

Sounds good. Yea, I live in a 490 sq. ft. condo downtown. I brew both AG and PM here, When I brew AG, I have to brew back to back 2.5 gallon batches to fill one fermenter because I can't do a full wort boil on my stove for a full 5 gallon batch. A buddy and I have a 10 galon AG setup at is place and we brew most every Saturday. PM me when you're back in town and we'll set something up.

Old 05-23-2007, 05:39 AM   #5
AdIn

Recipes 

Dec 2005
Sammamish, WA
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Nice! Indeed it was really nice today, sun was even too bright when I had a chance to play some tennis this evening. I hope your brew day went well.

Old 05-23-2007, 05:49 AM   #6
Rook

Recipes 

Jan 2007
Bothell, WA
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Brewday went pretty good. I found some rust on the supposedly "stainless steel" washer on the inside of my MLT. I shrugged it off and brewed anyway, hope I don't get tetanus. Mash and strike temps went well, boil went well, can't really complain.

I like Partial Mash, it lets me pretend like the mashing that I do really contributes to fermentables, but in actuality I've got lots of malt extract to keep it from making TOO much of a difference.