Originally Posted by spamman1368
How did this turn out? I'm curious to see what differences there are from your changes to the original recipe on this thread!
Thanks and cheers!
I was super, super lazy, so I just got around to kegging this Friday evening.. I added 8.5oz of Grade B Maple syrup to the primary after fermentation looked to be slowing down. I let that sit around 3 weeks now? Somewhere around there.
I used the Whitbread yeast and man, that stuff flocc'd amazingly good. Sitting that long, it was a rubbery cake in the bottom that cleared really good.
Anyways.. Mine turned out okay I think. I'll post a pic and a tasting note mid week when it's carbed up. I tasted a bit after I kegged it, and the maple finish was nice, but I wanted more, so I added around 4 more oz to the keg while it cold crashed, that way the syrup won't ferment since it'll stay too cold. After that, it had a nice maple finish that was pretty light and clean, not cloying.
It looked good though, a bit lighter than I would have liked I think, so we'll see. It was pretty bready, biscuity, with a hint of roast in the body. Nice and light beer though, the maple should be nice for season me thinks!