Pliny Substitute - Page 6 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Pliny Substitute

Old 02-10-2012, 04:11 AM   #51
NPK
Recipes 

Feb 2011
Nevada
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

All the talk about Pliny put me in the mood to crack open my last one. In September, I made the trip out to Santa Rosa to get a six pack of it. They say don't let it age, and I would have to say 5 months may have been a little long for this one.

Its a great beer, but for my money, I'll take a Hopslam. I think its my Midwestern roots.

I've not had Hop Stoopid, but I think the beer I've had that is most similar to Pliny is Lagunitas IPA. It just has a more malty character to it.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:27 PM   #52
MacGruber
Recipes 

Nov 2008
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I'm drinking Lagunitas Sucks Brown Sugga Substitute. This stuff is heavenly and right there with Pliny! I have some Firewalker to go through tonight too. Hey V Day everyone!

Old 02-14-2012, 09:32 PM   #53
D_Ranged_Eskimo
Recipes 

Aug 2011
San Antonio, Texas
Liked 124 Times on 123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
I'm drinking Lagunitas Sucks Brown Sugga Substitute. This stuff is heavenly and right there with Pliny! I have some Firewalker to go through tonight too. Hey V Day everyone!
Lagunitas Sucks was one of the best IPA's I've had. The citrus flavors in it were pretty prominent and very tasty!