Hi everyone. I want to share this recipe I kinda came up with myself after reading on the forum and googling around a bit. It's nothing fancy but it works and it tastes fruity.
- 4 teabags per liter of fluid. Which means making a 3 litre batch would require 12 teabags
- Tea (I used Pickwick Forest Fruit)
- Juice from a lemon
- Yeast (I used Lalvin 71B-1122)
- Nutrient (I used Nutrisal)
So first you boil all the teabags in a pot for 45-60 minutes or at least until they are drained for all flavor and scent. After this you add sugar to your desired S.G. I made mine around 8% estimated ABV. Shake it up real good. Do not let any sugar settle at the bottom as this could throw off your hydrometer reading. Let cool. When cool add yeast (I used Lalvin 71B-1122), lemon juice and nutrient. Shake really well to aerate and to mix in the yeast. Let sit for a few weeks. Mine was done fermenting after about two weeks. Once finished cold crash and backsweeten to taste. Below is a picture of the process of boiling the teabags. Enjoy and serve cold!