Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > RTD sensor for stock thermowell in Stout Tanks

Old 02-03-2012, 04:09 AM   #1
Mb2658
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default RTD sensor for stock thermowell in Stout Tanks

I am looking into Stout kettles for my electric brewery build. I know that the thermometers that come with the kettles will fit into the thermowells. I am trying to figure out what if any RTD probe will fit in the thermowells that Stout welds in to their kettles. Does anyone have experience with this? I figure that I will use a tri clover T on the output of the herms coil to place a rtd probe for mash temp. Would I be better off ordering a tri clover port where I can add an RTD probe instead of the thermowell? Thanks in advance.

Old 01-13-2013, 04:44 PM   #2
cheez
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb2658 View Post
I am looking into Stout kettles for my electric brewery build. I know that the thermometers that come with the kettles will fit into the thermowells. I am trying to figure out what if any RTD probe will fit in the thermowells that Stout welds in to their kettles. Does anyone have experience with this? I figure that I will use a tri clover T on the output of the herms coil to place a rtd probe for mash temp. Would I be better off ordering a tri clover port where I can add an RTD probe instead of the thermowell? Thanks in advance.
Did you ever get an answer on this? I'm trying to figure out the same thing. Thanks.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:21 PM   #3
Mb2658
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez

Did you ever get an answer on this? I'm trying to figure out the same thing. Thanks.
I ended up going with tri-clamp thermowells, which You can order from Stout instead of the fixed thermowells. I am doing a Brewtroller build so I bought the temp sensors from Oscsys.com. They fit in the thermowells with a 1/2 to 1/4 compression adapter.
cheez Likes This