What's your favorite Beer Munchy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BierMuncher

...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
No cooking. No prep. No carry out.

We're talking, reach into the pantry and grab something to munch on while watching the tube and sipping your favorite homebrew.

For me, it's a big handful of Cheez-Its. Cheesy. Salty. Crunchy.

How bout you. What's your munch-poison?

For me wings and beer go together. But you said out of the cupboard so I have to go with pretzels, The big thick Dutch one's are great with a beer. Just have to make sure that you don't get the salt free ones.

Damn Squirrels said:
My favorite thing to grab and nibble as I drink a homebrew is tits.

They go well together. :D :drunk:

Amen brother. Especially when SWMBO is still nursing (after she's pumped of course) and they're twice the size of her normal "C" :rockin:

I 2nd Wings with beer.

Chicken_Wings_Platter.jpg

Hmmm Good! Fresh off the Big Green Egg!

I am a triscuit freak!! Just ate some Rosemary and Olive oil flavored. Finished a box of Olive oil and black pepper a few days ago. Gold fish too..... kind of like being a kid again!

I'm probably the only one who will say this but I have never liked any type of food with my beer. For some reason food always distracts from the beer drinking experience for me. I'll drink a soda or iced tea with food and have my beer before or after. I will eat a cracker or pretzel when tasting beers to help clear my pallet but that is it.

OK. Call me strange.:drunk:

RichBrewer said:
I'm probably the only one who will say this but I have never liked any type of food with my beer. For some reason food always distracts from the beer drinking experience for me. I'll drink a soda or iced tea with food and have my beer before or after. I will eat a cracker or pretzel when tasting beers to help clear my pallet but that is it.

OK. Call me strange.:drunk:

I'm with you there to a point, after about 3 or so, I ready to start nibbling on something.

EdWort said:
Then again, Pizza from scratch is pretty good too.

Pizza1.jpg

Wow man that looks great! It's before 9 in the morning and now I want pizza!

Me? I love peanut butter filled pretzels or anything chocolate.

I haven't been sipping on any homebrews yet (hopefully in a few weeks!), but my favorite things to snack on are jalapeno-stuffed olives, or a couple of crackers with a thin coating of marmite spread on them. The New Zealand type of marmite, not the U.K. type. I guess that means I'm into salty snacks. :)

Im a big fan of the corn chips and salsa with beer.

Popcorn also works... but does putting it in the microwave for 3 mins count as cooking?

And ive been known to go the jelly beans with my beer... kinda odd combination, but it seems to work alright...

Damn that pizza looks soo good. I love pistachios with some beer, just sucks that they cost so much and are a pain to eat.

The best thing to nibble on with beer is pickled eggs, pickled onions, cheese and crackers. I mean, yeah taking it out of the fridge but meh. I remember someone posted some recipes for pickled eggs... DAMN are they good. I even labled my pickled eggs "Kads bum hummers" :)

:mug:

God Emporer BillyBrew said:
Along those lines, I was going to say Wasabi peas. Yummy.

Yeah those are tasty. I like the labels on snacks from Japan, China etc...

..stuff like "A happy present from the earth" or "Super Tasty Wonderful brand snack foods". :D

There are these fried broad beans they sell in the asian grocery. Those are tasty for a homebrew snack. :ban:

I had some of those Rosemary & Olive Oil Triscuits last nite with my SNPA clone.

Man are those good. Herbs out the ying-yang and salty???

Perfect with a crisp citrusy beer like SNPA.

BierMuncher said:
No cooking. No prep. No carry out.

We're talking, reach into the pantry and grab something to munch on while watching the tube and sipping your favorite homebrew.

For snacking, nuts are the best. Salty just seems to go with beer.

For meals, definately homemade pizza or mexican food. In fact, I feel it's a crime to eat those things WITHOUT homebrew! :p

I usually enjoy my home brew best without any thing to eat. However some extra dark (75%+) chocolate goes really well with some brews.
I will also do some good cheese or nuts.
Craig

Lightly salted corn chips or blister peanuts. But, Kettle's Sea Salt and Vinegar potato chips are spot on for IPAs.

Catfish said:
Depends on the drink, either pistachios or kaki-pea (sorry Land-of-my-birth, Japanese beer snacks kick ass!).
I have to say, the Japanese really bring drinking snacks to a whole new level. The variety that serious drinking establishments offer is astonishing.

I love the roasted ginkgo nuts served on a bed of coarse salt, and the tiny dried scallops & squid strips. My girlfriend is coming back from Japan in three days, and hopefully is bringing my favorite beer snack: dried nato! Something just feels right about having a fermented snack with a fermented beverage.

Schlenkerla said:
Sometimes I like pork rinds, the only thing is they make your breath smell like a dog crapped in your mouth!! :D

And old lady friend of mine is Mexican. She makes cracklins. You take Pork Rinds and reconstitute them. I'm not sure how. Maybe you boil them? Maybe you fry them? Anyway, you make them all soggy and use that as your meat for making tacos.

Yeah, it has a negative nutritional value, but damn is it tasty!!!!

Sun Chips
Kettle style potato chips - Salt & Vinegar, Jalapeno, or new SeaSalt + Peppercorn
string cheese
Cabot "hunter's cheddar" cheese
Tortilla chips w/ queso dip
Quesadilla if I'm hungry hungry, usually dribble some hot sauce on cheese before nuking

Cajun Trail Mix, Pistachios, Jalapeño Jack and Crackers, Gardetto's mix....

This ought to be an easy question for me to answer, but my tastes vary so much. Lately I've been on a pretzels with spicy honey mustard kick. When I'm brewing I always have chips & salsa handy. Other times, salt & malt vinegar potato chips are my choice.

But I guess my favorite "Man, this is living!" snack with beer is deer sausage, Keebler Club crackers and King of Clubs cheddar cheese spread from Mars' Cheese Castle!

No work - cashews
Some work - cheddar cheese and crackers
A little more work - WINGS!! (I learned how to make great wings last Fall, and break out the deep fryer whenever I can)

depends on my mood for sure but most likely I can be found nibling on triscuts with japaleno jack and smoked oysters or mussels. My bar is always stocked with a big jar of assorted pickled stuff. (the jar of olfactory death my wife calls it) usually full of eggs, pearle onions, cloves of garlic, baby carrots... etc

all of the above are perfect with a frosty pint of homebrew!

Back