Next up was plumbing. I am really tired of disconnecting the hose multiple times during the brew day. I decided to build a manifold for incoming water that would have three "ins" (water to the filter, water directly to the HLT for cleaning, and water to the plate chiller). The output manifold would have two outputs. The first is for water out of the chiller and the second is for dirty water out. Here is a shot of the input manifold after I put it together.
And attached to the stand.
I put together hose adapter to 1/2npt and placed a cam lock on the end of it, so I can connect the hose directly to the manifold. It's mostly leak proof, I may end up changing this around to be a copper manifold that is soldered together. We will see how it goes.
Here is a shot of the water input manifold all plumbed up.
And where the filter is mounted underneath.
An attempt at a wider shot to show the whole length.
Here is where the water that goes through the filter or directly to the HLT come out from the stand.
We boiled up some water this past weekend after some issues, I'm out of town this weekend so the first brew on it should be on the 11th. After all of this work, all the time and money spent, I can't friggin wait to use this thing.