Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators and Keezers > Tony's Keezer Build

Old 02-15-2012, 09:41 PM   #21
Rivenin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 232 Times on 188 Posts
Likes Given: 244

i like the idea of all the wires going through the top, lookin good!

Coming up
Electric 120v Brutus 20

Old 02-20-2012, 05:09 PM   #22
Toneus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default Drip Tray w/Glass Rinser on Order

A little flashback to the Mission & Goals.

Rediculous over the top ideas
- Cold Glass storage **
- Beer bottle access
- Built in glass Washer ($$$'s). Haven't seen one in a Keezer yet, but I need to build and name it to get onto the Wall of Fame here at HBT. Would that be a Weezer? or a Keezer with a Blast?

Let's just say I've officially gone off the deep end. Today I placed an order for a 30" Stainless Steel Drip Tray w/Rinser. I don't know for sure if an integrated glass rinser is a Keezer First, but it sure is going to put me into the Dog House with the SWMBO if its a flop. I'll be sure to give a product review once I have it in my hands.

Cheers!

Old 02-27-2012, 02:59 AM   #23
Toneus
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default Drip Tray and Rinser Mounted

I've mounted up the Drip Tray with integrated Rinser. I have to say that I like it!

The plan is to run a small keg at 30psi to support the waterline pressure for the rinser. The main drain of the drip tray will run to a bucket of some sort. I want to keep that as close to a sealed system so as not to introduce any more moisture into the Keezer. I do like the quality of the drip tray, I'll hold off on a final thumbs up until I've run all the plumbing. I unlike most of my patrons am left handed, so the rinser is on the left.

I apologize for the slow build. Two children, work travel, and other projects are keeping this one on the slow train. I'm trying to come up with something each week so I'm making some progress.

Cheers!

Click image for larger version

Name:	27-TCKeezerDripRinser.jpg
Views:	1518
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	49846

Old 02-27-2012, 04:02 AM   #24
Markd27
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Great build so far...

Are you a woodnet member? I think I'd recognize that workbench anywhere!

Old 02-27-2012, 04:43 AM   #25
Toneus
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markd27 View Post
Great build so far...

Are you a woodnet member? I think I'd recognize that workbench anywhere!
Thank you, I'm really happy with the build.

Not a woodnet member, but you're right. I'm guessing you know its an Ultimate Workbench by Ron Paulk.

I just finish drilling all of the holes in the top. That step took several hours itself. I love the table, and it lives up to the billing, top notch!

I've been building a bed for my 2 year old daughter on the workbench. It simply is a tool itself, making every bit of the project easier.

Old 03-21-2012, 05:01 AM   #26
maltomeal
Purveyor of ETOH
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

I was going to do a collar with mine, but you have me interested in doing something similar, just waiting to see how you end up hinging the top... subscribed!

Old 03-21-2012, 03:24 PM   #27
RazzBarlow
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

It looks great so far! I can't wait to see the finished product and steal all your good ideas!
Nut Brown Ale

Old 06-07-2012, 03:40 PM   #28
YoDadio
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Subscribed

Old 06-12-2012, 09:10 PM   #29
Toneus
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default Drip Tray and Rinser Plumbed and Operational

After a long break, I'm getting time in on the Keezer Build. My last update showed the Drip Tray with integrated Rinser mounted, but that was only half the battle. I've recently finished the plumbing work. Like a bad operation, I was forced to reopen the patient for more internal work.

Name:	28-TCKeezerDripRinserPlumb.jpg
Views:	1279
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	64606

Since this is a stand alone Keezer, I'm using a preasurized Corney Keg for my water supply. The Rinser documentation mentions that a standard water line can be used (~30psi), in reality it works great being pushed by a 14psi line. I'm very impressed with the spray pattern, and the flow rate. I expect that at 30psi the orafice size and viscosity of water would simply reduce the flow rate near to what I'm getting. Again, it is quite adiquate.

Name:	30-TCKeezerRinse.jpg
Views:	1269
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	64608

A couple of build tips.

I'm using a sealed drain bucket with a 7/8 hose for the drain line. I haven't decided on the bucket size for the long term, but I picked up a small batch fermenting bucket at the LHBS. I pulled out the airlock grommet and used a cone shaped drill mounted grinding stone to get an air tight fit for the 7/8" hose. The tight fit will all but eliminate extra moisture in the keezer compartment.

Reluctantly, I cut down the two shanks being careful not to cut into the rinser value located in the shank. In the end this worked well for clearance, and I can extend them should I use the part on a future bar build. These are both 1/2 MIP. I used flexible tubing so I could easily route the lines through the lid, and down to the water supply keg and drain bucket.

I used a couple of zip-tie mounts to secure the lines in the lid being careful not to kink the hoses. The drain line couldn't make the sharp bends, so used plastic 90 joints instead. The rinser supply line makes a u-turn and joins up next to the drain line.

I'm really excited by the outcome, clean wet cold pours from here on.

On a side note, I'm thinking about tee-ing off of the rinser supply line for separate tap of carbonated water. I've tried looking it up, but what is the target volumes for soda water? I'm seeing references to 3.0 volumes. I should be able to get close to that.

Thanks for watching, stay tuned for more updates.

Old 06-12-2012, 11:02 PM   #30
carlisle_bob
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 28 Posts

Hi

Unless you want to dedicate a separate regulator to your soda water the answer there is: what ever the beer is set to. 15 psi seems to work for most people.

Bob