Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Waterproof Label Printing Company?

Old 01-27-2012, 12:38 PM   #1
Tuckahoe
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Waterproof Label Printing Company?

I am looking for a company or just labels and software to print waterproof labels for my bottles. I want to be able to upload some of my own photos and just print them up so I can always reuse the bottles for different batches. I will be putting these on 22oz and champagne bottles so I want a larger label. Something around the size of 4" by 4" or the like.

any advice?

Old 01-27-2012, 01:26 PM   #2
Suthrncomfrt1884
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 3

onlinelabels.com sells waterproof labels. But...I think you need to have a certain kind of ink printed on them for the ink to be waterproof. I've always thought about putting the labels on the bottles, then spraying a thin layer of polyurethane (or something similar) over top of them.

Another HERMS rig...

Old 02-08-2012, 02:56 AM   #3
grfrazee
Recipes 

If you want these to be really long-lasting, you might look into screen printing them, like what Rogue, Corona, and Rolling Rock do to their bottles. Granted, that's a bit of extra expense if you're not set up to do it. And doing multiple colors is a pain as well.

I hear Star-San will take the paint off, but haven't tried it myself. Just something to keep in mind.

Old 02-11-2012, 01:03 AM   #4
davebrew66
Recipes 

creativelabelconcepts.com

I used the waterproof label W38-WB1. I used the bubble jet printer ones.

Made for a wine bottle, but the best size they had for beer bottles.

Worked OK. Casual water was fine, ie: bottle sweating, wet hands. Long term water contact, not so good. Needed to spray the labels with Krylon clear, and still not that great. Brought a bunch of bottles camping in a cooler and wrapped them in plastic bags and it was fine.

So in a nutshell? semi-waterproof.

Old 02-17-2012, 03:52 PM   #5
schweitzer22
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Here's the company I use. I reuse bottles and have put these thru the dishwasher and the ink has not smudged at all.

http://www.bottleyourbrand.com/make-...om-beer-labels
ClaytonStroop Likes This