Do you get drunker from homebrew? - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Do you get drunker from homebrew?

Old 11-23-2012, 04:52 AM   #11
Aug 2012
Liked 45 Times on 37 Posts

Homebrew to me seems more potent than commercial beer, which for me is usually Guinness. Whether that's 4.2% vs the average 5.5% of my brew, or some other effect, I'm not sure. I have a friend who swears he nearly blacks out after 4 of my brews, and is fine after much more normal brew. He swears it's because homebrew is more natural, so the body knows what to do with the alcohol more quickly.

I have no idea...

Old 11-23-2012, 05:09 AM   #12
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Liked 3192 Times on 1885 Posts

If you've spent your "drinking life" consuming bud light at 4.2% abv.....or any commercial macro beer in a similar range the homebrew we make which tends to average around, what, 6% is going to keep you in the teeth a bit. You'll get used to it.
Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew