bottling a lager question??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewguy82

Reaction score
So i have a lager that has been fermenting for about 2 weeks almost 3weeks now in primary. I am goin to bottle it since i dont keg. Question is shoul di bottle it now with priming sugar let it sit for almost 2 weeks then lager it in the ref. or lager it now and add more yeast to it later to carb the bottles?

So i have a lager that has been fermenting for about 2 weeks almost 3weeks now in primary. I am goin to bottle it since i dont keg. Question is shoul di bottle it now with priming sugar let it sit for almost 2 weeks then lager it in the ref. or lager it now and add more yeast to it later to carb the bottles?

Ideally, you do the diacetyl rest while still in primary, and lager in a carboy.

You want to lager about 6-8 weeks, and you can do it after you bottle condition, I guess, but I think you'd get a much smoother crisper lager if you rack to a carboy and lager in bulk for 8 weeks.

Bulk lager if you can. I frequently add a little rehydrated dry yeast at bottling time, a 1/4 packet is more than enough

ok ill do that then. then add small amount of yeast back in when its time to bottle
thanks for the advice guys

Back