HBT 2015 Big Giveaway - Winners Drawn - 24 Hours to Claim!

Huge Supporting Membership Discounts - 20% Off - Ends Today!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > For Sale > For Sale - FS: Complete Home Brew System for Beginner or Intermediate Brewer (Seattle, WA)

Old 01-23-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
antidentite
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default For Sale - FS: Complete Home Brew System for Beginner or Intermediate Brewer (Seattle, WA)

I'm selling my home brew system which I've only used twice. I purchased most of these items just last year, and my newborn is forcing this sale.

I'm asking $275.

Here's the list of items that are included and the price I paid for them new in 2011:
* Super Deluxe Beer Making Equipment Kit from Austin Homebrew (includes many essential items not listed below such as hygrometer, thermometer, grain bag, etc... as well as a glass carboy upgrade) - $240.49
* Stainless Steel Premium Stock Pot (38 qt), which is great for preventing boil overs even on full boils - $110.99
* Wort Chiller - $59.99
* Racking cane, which is shortened due to a crack but still operational
* 45 Bottle Drainer Tree - $46.98
* Bayou Classic Burner (Outdoor Stove) - $45.99
* The Brew Hauler (x2) - $29.98
* Jet Carboy & Bottle Washer - $15.98
* Beer Bottles 22 oz (case of 12, although I'll throw in more 12, 16, & 22 ouncers) - $14.99
* Stock Pot Thermometer - $9.99
* Carboy Dryer - $7.99
* Star San Sanitizer (about 6 ounces remaining of 8) - $7.99
* Blow Off Hose = 4 ft (1" Thick Wall) - $5.96 [this has some haze on it from my cleaning solution]
* Beer Bottle Caps (Oxygen Barrier) - $4.98
* Irish Moss (4 ounces) - $3.99
* 3-piece Airlock (x2) $1.19
* Starter (3 oz Light DME) - $0.99
* Vinator Bottle Rinser
* Super Agata Bench Capper
* Wine/beer thief

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/for/2813384291.html

Old 01-23-2012, 08:51 PM   #2
nebbrewer
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by antidentite View Post
my newborn is forcing this sale.

That is pretty rude of him (or her)! We are expecting our first in July, I hope my kid doesn't force me to sell all my gear!

Old 01-23-2012, 08:54 PM   #3
bad67z
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 109 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Sorry to here your getting out of it. I found it easier to brew when the little bugger was immobile and slept 20 hrs a day. Good luck.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:54 PM   #4
antidentite
Recipes 

Yeah, he's an insistent little guy already! Congrats on your upcoming/impending new child!

It's basically the time commitment required for brewing is tough with a child, especially since I have other hobbies that I prioritize higher than brewing. You'll also find that you need so much stuff with a newborn that space also becomes a premium!

Old 01-24-2012, 12:40 AM   #5
TaylorBrewed
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I know It might be a stretch but im new to this whole home brewing thing and I could use that whole set. Would you be willing to ship it all? To New York non the less? I understand that it would be costly to myself but I would be willing to pay if the price was right. Let me know thanks

Old 01-24-2012, 03:29 AM   #6
antidentite
Recipes 

Hi TaylorB - are you sure you're willing to pay for shipping to NY? This is not only a large amount of items, but also heavy and fragile (at least the carboys are).

I would think that shipping may cost ~$100, which would decrease the overall value of this purchase for you versus a local buyer.

If I don't have a buyer lined up in a week I'd certainly consider shipping it to you. But I would also recommend that you check out some of the sponsors here - such as austinhomebrew.com - that includes free shipping for orders over a certain $ amount.

Old 01-25-2012, 12:46 AM   #7
TaylorBrewed
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

After playing around with pricing on UPS I have realized it would cost more like $200 dollars lol so I think I will have to pass on the package deal. If for some reason you decide you would piece it out I would like to hear your asking price for the bottle tree, bottle rinser, and the bench capper all as a combo deal. This would still allow you to sell the rest of the equipment localy at a good price if not the same price and I could still get a few things I would be able to use at alot cheaper shipping price lol. Just a option for ya. If your interested just send me a private message and if not well best of luck selling it, you will have one luck buyer. PS congrats on having a little one on the way. I have a 3 month old of my own.

Old 01-25-2012, 02:16 AM   #8
evandena
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorBrewed View Post
After playing around with pricing on UPS I have realized it would cost more like $200 dollars lol so I think I will have to pass on the package deal. If for some reason you decide you would piece it out I would like to hear your asking price for the bottle tree, bottle rinser, and the bench capper all as a combo deal. This would still allow you to sell the rest of the equipment localy at a good price if not the same price and I could still get a few things I would be able to use at alot cheaper shipping price lol. Just a option for ya. If your interested just send me a private message and if not well best of luck selling it, you will have one luck buyer. PS congrats on having a little one on the way. I have a 3 month old of my own.
What about not shipping the carboys and maybe the burner? Those are two things you can get on Amazon with free shipping.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:33 AM   #9
Fullsayl
Recipes 

Hey a bud,

I am just south of you (PDX) and might be interested in picking this up. Have you had any takers?