Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Barley Crusher - Customer Service????

Old 01-24-2012, 12:24 AM   #21
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 6211 Times on 4424 Posts
Likes Given: 1659

I've put far less through mine, and it quit working. The slave roller will NOT turn. I tried taking it apart and thoroughly cleaning, but it was clean as a whistle. I sent my first email in early November, the second in December, and the third in January. No response for my "lifetime guarantee"d product as of yet.

Follow me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans
But I'm pretty boring so don't expect much!
https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans

Old 01-24-2012, 12:43 AM   #22
Hugh_Jass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
I've put far less through mine, and it quit working. The slave roller will NOT turn. I tried taking it apart and thoroughly cleaning, but it was clean as a whistle. I sent my first email in early November, the second in December, and the third in January. No response for my "lifetime guarantee"d product as of yet.
Mine does the same thing. I've cleaned it and it still gives me fits. Just pulled the trigger on a crankenstein 320 D. I'm quite positive I won't have the same type of issues.

I intend to send the bc back for warranty work after I receive the 320. I'll update the board at that point.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:45 AM   #23
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 6211 Times on 4424 Posts
Likes Given: 1659

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh_Jass View Post
Mine does the same thing. I've cleaned it and it still gives me fits. Just pulled the trigger on a crankenstein 320 D. I'm quite positive I won't have the same type of issues.

I intend to send the bc back for warranty work after I receive the 320. I'll update the board at that point.
Please do!

I'm very unhappy- at least respond to your customers if only to tell them to get lost. The ignoring me after months of emails is just pissing me off.

I've had the BC about 2.5 years. I brew twice per month, usually 5 gallon batches but sometimes 10 gallon batches. That's hardly heavy use.

Follow me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans
But I'm pretty boring so don't expect much!
https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans

Old 01-24-2012, 12:52 AM   #24
3PegBrew
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 36

This is a nice read....I just ordered one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beninan View Post
Hitler gave the toothbrush 'stache a bad name...
My Keezer Build

Aller guten dinge sind drei!

Old 01-24-2012, 01:26 AM   #25
hopfen
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Return it.

Old 01-24-2012, 01:36 AM   #26
Malticulous
Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 80

This is the Email I got back from him,

Quote:
Thank you for your email, A couple things I would suggest to try is to take a wire brush to the rollers.This will remove any residue that may have built up over past batches.You can also try to take the mill apart and give it a good cleaning. ( no water) try wiping the end of the rollers and the side plates off and reassembling the mill. sometime dust and residue will build up between the rollers and the side plate that will make the idle roller stick. If you do take the mill apart to clean it, one other thing you can do is spin the idle roller 180 degrees, so the side that's on the right is now on the left.If the knurl on the roller is starting to get dull they tend to dull more on one side than the other. So spinning the roller around will give that roller a somewhat fresh knurl.

If after you try these things and if you are still having problems please email me and we will see what we can do to get your mill back to the way it should be.

Thank you
Randy
B C Products Enterprises Inc
I told him I had done all of that and he replied to just send it to him without the base and hopper and it would be repaired.

I put a little tire off a miniature bicycle on one roller and have been using it still. I've made about a 1000 gallons or so with it. When I fill a few more fementers I'll have to send it in.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:40 AM   #27
3PegBrew
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malticulous View Post
This is the Email I got back from him,

I told him I had done all of that and he replied to just send it to him with out the base and hopper and it would be repaired.

I put a tire off a miniature bicycle on one roller and have been using it still. I've made about a 1000 gallons or so with it.
Can you please post a picture
Quote:
Originally Posted by beninan View Post
Hitler gave the toothbrush 'stache a bad name...
My Keezer Build

Aller guten dinge sind drei!

Old 01-24-2012, 01:48 AM   #28
Malticulous
Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 80

It's just like the O-ring, but tougher. It's just a temporary fix. I'm thinking MM3.
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030534.jpg
Views:	1484
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	44805  

Old 01-24-2012, 01:57 AM   #29
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1340 Times on 878 Posts
Likes Given: 35

What you're seeing is the effect of a worn knurl coupled with the small diameter of the rollers. BC has the smallest diameter rollers of all the available mills at 1.25". Crankandstein has 1.5" and Monster has 1.5 or 2" (MM2-2.0).

IOW, you get what you pay for.

Old 01-24-2012, 02:01 AM   #30
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 483 Times on 423 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M View Post
What you're seeing is the effect of a worn knurl coupled with the small diameter of the rollers. BC has the smallest diameter rollers of all the available mills at 1.25". Crankandstein has 1.5" and Monster has 1.5 or 2" (MM2-2.0).

IOW, you get what you pay for.
All [some of the] reasons why I went with the MM2-2.0 with the hardened rollers option. Going to take many thousands of pounds run through it to wear them suckers down.

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine