Hops comparison table - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Hops Growing > Hops comparison table

Old 02-07-2012, 01:18 AM   #11
DarkBrood
Recipes 

Aug 2010
Manchester, NH
Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts

As an alternative and/or addendum to this, I have been putting together a data spreadsheet on hops as well although more from the angle of an extendedBeerXML entry with the specs from each supplier. While I don't have the spreadsheet quite polished up, I have the datasheets posted on my page at Dark Brood - BrewXML. Not too exciting at the moment, but it's a solid data source on the word straight from the suppliers.

WRITER: http://BrewsAndStews.wordpress.com TWITTER @DarkBroodBrews
PHOTOGRAPHER: http://Brian-Gibson.FineArtAmerica.com

Old 02-08-2012, 06:28 AM   #12
sweetcell
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2012
Rockville, MD
Liked 925 Times on 677 Posts

major update posted. please see first post of the thread, all links point to the new version. among other changes i've added columns for "substitution" and "traditional style usage", per requests that i've received.

due to silly file size limitations, i've had to cut the PDFs in half. if you want to download a PDF version, be sure to grab both halves ("Letter" parts 1 & 2, or "Legal" parts 1 & 2). might be best to download the XLS and format it yourself.

happy growing!

- Drinking: Mandarina IPA, Citra "rescued Belgian DIPA", 2 blends of a rye sour: ECY20 + ECY34, local sour cherry kriek #2
- Aging: brett'ed Belgian blond on raspberries, sour blond on second-use cherries, English Barleywine (half on brett), 3726 saison w/ brett x2 (dregs mix & Lochristi), GNO 3724 saison w/ brett mix, sour cherry mead, acerglyn, and a few other sours...

Old 02-08-2012, 05:30 PM   #13
jamboparty
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2011
Jefferson, OH
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Very nice compilation... thanks for sharing!

Old 02-08-2012, 05:57 PM   #14
evwoller
Recipes 

Jan 2012
pomona, ca
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Sweetcell, you can host the file elsewhere and link it here if file sizes are getting in your way.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:24 PM   #15
sweetcell
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2012
Rockville, MD
Liked 925 Times on 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by evwoller View Post
Sweetcell, you can host the file elsewhere and link it here if file sizes are getting in your way.
yeah, but i couldn't come up with anywhere to host them. i don't have any permanent web storage space of my own (bad geek, bad!) and most of the free services i know of have limited storage times.

please feel free to suggest a place for me to stash the PDFs online. i think mediafire doesn't delete files, i'll look into that tonight.
- Drinking: Mandarina IPA, Citra "rescued Belgian DIPA", 2 blends of a rye sour: ECY20 + ECY34, local sour cherry kriek #2
- Aging: brett'ed Belgian blond on raspberries, sour blond on second-use cherries, English Barleywine (half on brett), 3726 saison w/ brett x2 (dregs mix & Lochristi), GNO 3724 saison w/ brett mix, sour cherry mead, acerglyn, and a few other sours...

Old 02-08-2012, 09:48 PM   #16
evwoller
Recipes 

Jan 2012
pomona, ca
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I use photobucket all the time... I believe they allow for .pdf formats, i know i had a .psd on there that is like 25x the size of whatever you are going to put up. (we are talking a pdf size of like a gb)

Old 02-08-2012, 10:02 PM   #17
dcHokie
Recipes 

Mar 2010
Washington, DC
Liked 257 Times on 195 Posts

this is great, thanks for putting this together sweetcell.

Spreadsheet is getting printed out and tucked into my copy of Homebrewer's Garden

Old 02-09-2012, 04:40 AM   #18
DarkBrood
Recipes 

Aug 2010
Manchester, NH
Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcell View Post
yeah, but i couldn't come up with anywhere to host them. i don't have any permanent web storage space of my own (bad geek, bad!) and most of the free services i know of have limited storage times.

please feel free to suggest a place for me to stash the PDFs online.
If you're stuck, I can host the file for you on my site. I can't offer you a personal upload login (or maybe I can...never looked into it, to be honest), but if you want to email me any future updates, I can update the hosted files...

Here you go: http://www.digitalgibson.com/beer/da...ell/index.html
WRITER: http://BrewsAndStews.wordpress.com TWITTER @DarkBroodBrews
PHOTOGRAPHER: http://Brian-Gibson.FineArtAmerica.com

Reason: added link

Old 02-09-2012, 02:14 PM   #19
flips
Recipes 

Sep 2011
Merton, WI
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for the updates! Those were some great suggestions..

Old 02-09-2012, 07:22 PM   #20
4x4jeep74
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2010
, New Hampshire
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

There is a lot of good info. here. I will download that spreadsheet when I get home, I plan on growing hops this year where the tomato garden is (was). I read that hop growing started here in the northeast, but later moved out west because of disease. It's great there is more tolerant vairietys now. If anyone in the New Hampshire area had good sucess with a certain variety, I would like to hear about it.
Bryan.