stemming from the bummed in mississippi thread - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > stemming from the bummed in mississippi thread

Old 05-13-2007, 10:19 PM   #1
gator
Recipes 

Apr 2007

has anyone ever used this website to buy beer you can't get here?

www.liquidsolutions.biz/main/

i'd love to be able to have some brews shipped to me that i can't get around here, but i'm a bit leery........how can they tell i'm "of age" and whatnot??

basically, is this a legit deal?

gator

Old 05-14-2007, 11:41 AM   #2
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Liked 7742 Times on 5432 Posts

I know that some people do "wine of the month" type clubs. In some states, it is illegal to receive alcohol from out of state. I don't know what those states are, though! If you read under shipping info, here: http://www.liquidsolutions.biz/main/
they basically state that they're not responsible for any problems you have for these shipments and that they might require you to fax a copy of your driver's license to them. They are saying that since the "transfer" of ownership of the beer occurs in Oregon, that you are responsible for any laws you may be breaking and for any weather related problems. I don't know if it'd be worth it!

Old 05-14-2007, 08:11 PM   #3
DeathBrewer
Maniacally Malty
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2007
Oakland, CA
Liked 261 Times on 134 Posts

i live in california and have had beer shipped here and to my folks in iowa several times. the only problem i ran into was that some of the beer went bad. i'm blaming this on storage, though, and not shipping. john's grocery was the culprit, and the beers that were bad were all belgian brews that probably were stored or shipped (to john's) at too high a temperature. the other beers i ordered were just fine.

so not sure about these guys...i may give them a shot myself.

"Death is always with us." - Brewpastor

Quote:
DIAICYLF
We will remember...

Old 05-14-2007, 08:47 PM   #4

I'd be willing to give them a try, but I live in a state where this kind of thing carries no legal ramifications. I once belonged to Beer Across America, a 'beer of the month' club. They only ship to states where it is legal to do so. According to the BAA website, they will only ship to CA, CT, FL, IL, IN, MI, NJ, NY, OH, VA and WI.