Again a flat beer question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jbird

Reaction score
Well I bottled my beer on monday night. It's a pale ale that was fermenting for three weeks. I know that after I bottle I should wait a week to drink it. Should the beer in the bottle look any different like bubbles or foam? Just want to make sure it is not flat.

Let it bottle condition at room temperature for three weeks and don't sweat it. It won't show bubbles if it has been sitting still. If you give it a little shake, it will definitely bubble up a bit. IF it doesn't carb up after three weeks, a little shake an hour before serving will stir the yeast enough to give the carb a jump and still settle enough not to have any end up in the glass.

NineMilBill said:
Let it bottle condition at room temperature for three weeks and don't sweat it. It won't show bubbles if it has been sitting still. If you give it a little shake, it will definitely bubble up a bit. IF it doesn't carb up after three weeks, a little shake an hour before serving will stir the yeast enough to give the carb a jump and still settle enough not to have any end up in the glass.

Ok thank you I will just let it go. It's my first batch and I feel like nothing is going right. But it smells like beer so must be good.

Back