I literally haven't brewed in the 2 years since we moved into this old house. Any work has been done on the secret hidden mancave (See build thread here
) or on the 1000 different things needing done on a 130 year old house.
My plan was a single tier electric set up in the basement. Because of space and getting jazzed over reading about BIAB brewing, I scaled it back to an eBIAB build.
The basement is a typical old limestone foundation space. I first started by sealing and painting the walls and floors:
Blue floor and clean white walls.
The brew area is an alcove with a window, next to easily accesible water lines and a floor drain. I tore out all of that dangly plumbing:
Because it's an old house the ceiling is bristling with pipe (probably wrapped in asbestos), duct and a mishmash of wiring. The easiest thing to do was to use 2x4 firring, even though that will lower the ceiling to about 6 foot 8.
Today I ran the 220 line (my brewmation control panel has a built in GFCI) and the lines for the vents and pump outlet. You can see them over on the far back and right walls.
I also ran several lengths of copper for my tub sink. I went with ball valves up high to use with RV hoses. Yep, my brewery is right next to the bathroom:
To end the day I wired and hung two bathroom vents. Last week I spent an hour going through 2 masonry bits boring through the rock foundation to install a vent. The blood on the beam indicates how sharp those vents are:
Verified that the plumbing didn't leak and that the electrical worked and called it a day. Left to do is install the ceiling (with a rope ratchet pully install as well), hang cement board and drywall, paint, build a brew stand, and test the ekeggle. I've got 200 pounds of grain and several pounds of hops crying to fill the empty 4 tap keezer.
Hopefully next weekend I'l be able to update with a finished build!