What do you brew for St. Patty's?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fifthcircle

Reaction score
Do you make an Irish red, or stout? Maybe a lighter brew and add green food coloring?

Pics always make a better thread....just sayin:mug:

Got my beamish stout clone all ready brewed and kegged. just waiting until march to start drinking it. please don't put food coloring in beer...

I'm curious what kind of Irish Reds people will be making. Subscribed!

Patty is a woman's name, Irish people call the day St. Paddy's. (little pet peeve of mine :eek: )

I'm thinking of making a stout :)

I feel like this has come up a bunch recently, but I guess I'll post again. I always brew my Foreign Extra Stout and Irish Red. I've had them both on beergas each year, except after last year I've grown tired of the (IMO) novelty of it. I prefer them served regularly so I replaced the 2 Guinness faucets with more Perlicks. So yea, those 2, and 4 other random beers. I was brewing the FES on St Patrick's Day each year, but starting last year I will be brewing Monolith, my 16.3% RIS. Last years was and still is amazing. Hoping it goes well again this year. I just entered my Irish Red for the first time and my FES for the 2nd time in a competition. Hoping they do well, especially since I bottled from the tap. I'll find out in a couple weeks.

I'm planning to brew a stout and a red. Right now I've got most of the stout recipe hammered out but I need to decide on what kind of crystal malt to add. I can't decide if I should add one of the dark crystals or go with my standby, 40 L. I've already got roast and black in the recipe I'm looking for more complexity with the crystal malt without adding too much sweetness.

Back